6 parents and child / these inventors
Under the Father’s Day, the portal InnovationNewsDaily compiled a couple of cases where both parents and child / as made interesting discoveries. Whether the case of Marion Donovan, who despite having different interests with his father, with the support of this he became one of the inventors of an earlier age.
Therefore, inventors or not, all parents can inherit and awaken that sense of curiosity in their children. Let’s start:
- Zacharias and Hans Janssen: many historians believe that a Dutch spectacle maker, Zacharias, invented the first microscope of two lenses with the help of his father Hans in the 1590s. A model capable of magnifying objects up to 10 times.
- Alexander Melville Bell, Alexander Graham Bell: Alexander Graham Rather than invent the telephone, his father Alexander Melville had discovered how to shape the lips, tongue and throat to speak to the deaf. Later they wrote about phonetics and visible voice.
- Marie and Pierre Curie and Irene Joliot-Curie 32 years after Marie and Pierre received the Nobel Prize in Physics, his daughter Irene with his son Frederic was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry to find the synthesis of new radioactive elements.
- Sakichi and Kiichiro Toyoda: Sakichi combined the skills of their parents and created the first automated factory fabrics. Later, his son Kiichiro produced one of the first cars in 1935, where the new engine company called Toyota, forego use of his name he thought was more difficult to pronounce.
- Miles O’Brien and Marion Donovan: After Marion’s mother died, it spent much of his time with his father and uncle who invented an apparatus for polishing auto parts guns and cannons. Years after this he married and had two children, which inspired him to create disposable diapers. During his lifetime he patented a number of licenses for household items.
- Wilbert and Robert Gore: this pair of father and son are responsible for the creation of sportswear, especially the component of insulation between the air and water. After this invention, both have continued to invent a new series of insulating materials.
Link: 6 Inventor Father-Son and Father-Daughter Duos (Mashable)Tags: father and hiija, father and son, Father's Day, Inventions