AMD FirePro W600: Graphics Core Next comes to graphics professionals
Just yesterday we learned that AMD Opteron APU future plans based FirePro Trinity with IGPs . But before that story many were wondering when amd would release GPUs for graphics professionals (FirePro) and GPU-accelerated computing (FireStream) based on its current Core Graphics architecture Next.
Today AMD responds to the first of the doubt with the announcement of its new W600 FirePro professional GPU, which is based in Cape Verde XT core (the same used in the Radeon HD 7770 ), among its features are:
- 640 shader processors.
- 40 unidates texture.
- 16 ROPs (Render Output).
- 2GB of GDDR5 memory with 128-bit bus.
- PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0.
- 75W maximum TDP.
- TDP of less than 3W in standby (Power ZeroCore technology).
- Single-slot design.
- 6 mini-DisplayPort outputs 1.2 (Eyefinity6 Pro).
- Supports resolutions up to 16K x 16K (6 screens to 4K).
- Support for 2 simultaneous HD streams.
- Support for Multi-Point Digital Audio (6 independent channels of audio for each is its 6 outputs).
The new FirePro W600 is focused on digital signal (digital signage) or any other task that requires the use of multiple screens to huge resolutions. The card has an MSRP of $ 599.16Kx16K, 4k, 640 shaders, amd, cad, CAM, Cape Verde XT, Digital, Eyefinity 6 Pro, FirePro, GCN, multi-monitor, Next Core Graphics, professional, signaling, W600