Apple Announces Mac Pro Edition 2013
A year after the announcement of the Mac Pro Edition 2012 , Apple announced their new mac pro edition 2013, which coincided with rumors, are based on Intel microprocessors still unreleased xeon E5 “Ivy Bridge-EP” .
As seen on our sister site Engadget , the new Mac Pro Edition 2013 features a stunning new aluminum enclosure in a cylindrical shape (dimensions: 25.146cm x 16.764cm) with an internal design very radical and focused on space saving integrating the cooling system in one heatsink cooled by a huge top fan (blower type) covering the entire top of the workstation and expelling hot air out of the cabinet.
The specifications of the Mac Pro Edition 2013 are:
- Microprocessor V2 Intel Xeon E5 Series “Ivy Bridge-EP” (12 cores capable of running 24 threads of processing).
- Motherboard based on Intel C216 chipset “Patsburg”.
- DRAM ECC DDR3-1866 Quad Channel (60GB / s).
- Two video cards amd FirePro W9000 (each with 2048 shader processors + 3GB GDDR5 256 bits).
- PCIe Flash storage (1250MB / s).
- Gigabit LAN connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi 802.11ac.
- Two Thunderbolt ports.
- USB 3.0 ports.
- HDMI 1.4 outputs.
This generous configuration allows multitasking power intensive and edit videos on up to three displays 4K (3840 x 2160) while simultaneously rendered effects in the background.
The new Mac Pro Edition 2013 will be available within a few weeks or months.
Link: Mac Pro (Apple)
.Tags: 12 cores, 12 nucleos, 2013, amd, Apple, cilindro, cylinder, E5, edicion, edition, estación, FirePro, Ivy Bridge-EP, mac pro, pc, station, trabajo, W9000, Work, workstation, xeon