Benchmark platform simple Phoronix Test Suite
Phoronix test Suite is a suite of benchmarking tests and that gives us a platform, clean, simple, reproducible and more importantly, easy to understand. It is developed to run on Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, and BSD.
Phoronix Test Suite is a product developed since 2004 by Phoronix, being available as open source under a GNU GPLv3. ‘s Philosophy has allowed several companies to join this effort, as Intel has done recently, adding 13 new test based on Phoronix .
In itself, Phoronix Test Suite is a free test (pts-core) that makes installing a number of tests from a test bank online, and perform these tests through an xml configuration file (extremely easily set), giving yourself the simpley results in an elegant, easy-to-understand graphics, and also allowing you to share your results anonymously.
How to install.
- Ubuntu / Debian and derivatives there is a deb package that allows easy installation, just take it down, and give click on it to install. Alternatively there are two ways, if you have enabled the restricted extras through ubuntu software center you can find the package called Phoronix Test Suite, or by console “sudo apt-get install phoronix-test-suite” (Dependencies to install “sudo apt- get install php5-cli “).
- Fedora / CentOS / RHE and derivatives: A generic package but it is much easier to do via console using “sudo yum install phoronix-test-suite”, having installed the rpm fusion repository (Dependencies to install “sudo yum install php5-cli” ).
- Arch and derivatives: the console, with a single command “sudo pacman-S phoronix-test-suite” (Dependencies to install “sudo pacman-S php5-cli”).
- Other distributions, Mac OSX, Solaris, bsd and Windows: revise this documentation .
How to use.
We write in a terminal “phoronix-test-suite” or click on the new launcher that was created in our menu. There, after accepting the license and send anonymous statistics allow, and can install or perform some test with the commands listed below.
The command list is quite extensive, but first you’ll need are:
- “Phoronix-test-suite list-available-tests” and “phoronix-test-suite list-available-suites”: These two commands list the test and suite available, not only shows the name, if not a small description and what point is they test. Do not be scared does appear that freezes as it is down the test definitions from the internet, so it may take quite.
- “Phoronix-test-suite install name-of-test-or-suite”: This command will allow you to install a test or suite your name, and if you have dependencies, the system will ask for your password to complete. Consequently example, “phoronix-test-suite install pts / encode-flac” test install to see how long your computer takes to perform the encodeo a WAV file in FLAC.
- “Phoronix-test-suite benchmark test-Name-or-name-of-the-suite”: This command performs the selected test, as in the previous case, what you write is “phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts / encode-flac “.
When we show a test before realizing our full configuration (you can access it with “phoronix-test-suite system-information”), and asked us if we want to save the test (in the home are saved in. Phoronix- test-suite/test-results), then the test will begin and when completed it will ask if you want to see the results in the browser, showing the data, plotting them, and a brief explanation of them.
Phoronix Test Suite is a mature product with a broad base of evidence, but we always want more, these are easily achievable, in a simple, reproducible and robust, despite its promise of being multiplatform is inconclusive, since in windows depends on cpu-z to run, breaking the paradigm of creating an isolated environment where Testing (there is only support Windows 7 64bit).
- Pros: Easy to install, Easy, Reproducible, robust, broad evidence base, Delivery understandable results for anyone.
- Cons: Multiplatform Windows unfinished, limited evidence base.
Official Website , where you can download it and get a lot of documentation.Tags: amd, APU benchmark, arch benchmark, aritmética benchmark, benchmark, Benchmark Phoronix Test Suite, benchmark suite, benchmark ubuntu, bsd, compartir, CPU benchmark, deb, deb benchmark, debian benchmark, Fedora, fedora benchmark, gnu / linux, gnu/linux, gpu, GPU benchmark, i5 benchmark, i7 benchmark, intel, Labs, Laptop benchmark, Linux, linux benchmark, mac osx, motherboard, multiplataforma, numeracy benchmark, OpenBenchmarking.org, PC benchmark, Phoronix Test Suite, Phoronix Test Suite Benchmark, placa madre, plataforma, platform, procesador, processor, prueba, pruebas, pts, share, solaris, suite benchmark, test, Testing, ubuntu, ubuntu benchmark, windows, xml