Google announced the closure of some services as part of their “winter cleaning”
Every so often in Google close some services that are not so popular with people, and as part of the “winter cleaning”, the company announced the product group that will stop working since January, at least in its current format.
The changes will take effect on January 4, affecting, among others, Google Sync and Punchd:
– Some functions “less popular” disappear Google Calendar, such as Smart Rescheduler and Add gadget by URL
– Since 30 January, no new equipment will synchronize with Google Sync, which allows access to some Google through Microsoft Exchange. This affects only new equipment, current users will not be affected by the measure.
– Google Calendar Sync and Google Sync for Nokia S60 also fired. The first was closed on Friday 14, and the second will say goodbye to 30 January.
– Punchd for iOS and Android does not go from June 7.
– Finally, the Issue Tracker Data API will stop working on June 14, 2013.
As they say on Google, most of these services were unpopular fired, although some would take in anything is missing. You guys, are going to miss?
Link: Official Google BlogTags: closing services, Google, Google Calendar, Google Sync, Punchd, Winter Cleaning