Intel Launches Core i7-3970X microprocessor Extreme Edition
Surprisingly and sooner than expected , intel launches new core i7-3970X microprocessor Extreme Edition, the new flagship of its top-end platform LGA 2011, which promises a stellar performance in all applications .
Its specifications are exactly the same that were leaked earlier:
- Based on the core Sandy Bridge-E (Sandy Bridge micro-architecture).
- Manufactured with 32nm manufacturing process Intel
- Six cores capable of running x86 12 processing threads (HyperThreading).
- Operating frequency of 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo Mode).
- 15MB L3 cache.
- Integrated Memory Controller (IMC) quad-channel DDR3-1600.
- TDP of 150W.
- Compatible with socket lga 2011 motherboards.
The new king of the Intel performance reaches an MSRP of $ 1059 (boxed version), the same price as was the now dethroned Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition, which will reduce its price in the coming days.
Link: Intel ® Core™ i7-3970X Processor Extreme Edition (Intel)Tags: 150w, 32nm, core, CPU, ee, Extreme Edition, i7-3970X, intel, lga 2011, microprocessor, processor, sandy bridge, Sandy Bridge-E