OpenCL significantly increases application performance image editing
The number of applications optimized for the API OpenCL GPU accelerated computing is growing , among them are:
- File compression applications such as WinZIP 16.5 .
- Applications of CAD / CAM such as Autodesk and think .
- Simulation applications such as Simulia .
- Video editing applications like Adobe, Sony , Handbrake , Cyberlink , among others.
- Audio applications such as SRS .
- Photo editing applications such as Abobe and GIMP .
From Tom’s Hardware comes a review evaluating the performance of OpenCL in many photo editing applications: AfterShot Pro, GIMP, and photoshop CS6 Musemage, review conducted on different platforms with configurations ranging from IGPs, APUs and GPUs amd Radeon HD 7970.
Without further ado here are some of the tests we performed:
We recommend reading the full article at Tom’s Hardware.
Link: Can OpenCL OpenGL And Overhaul Your Photo Editing Experience? (Tom’s Hardware)Tags: acceleration, Aftershot Pro, amd, edition, GIMP, gpu, Imagery, Musemage, OpenCL, performance, photographic, photoshop, retouch, review