Pages Menu
TwitterRssFacebook
Categories Menu

Posted by on Aug 14, 2012 in Hardware News |

Toshiba will increase by 35% its production of hard disks

Toshiba will increase by 35% its production of hard disks

The “crisis” of continues, with prices to remain high for some time and the two companies that control the duopoly industry with very good financial results due to some shortages. And is that Wesern Digital and have 85% of world production, and in that remaining 15%, is now a small participant.

Thus, the company will respond to this supposed crisis to increase by 35% in volume Production of hard disks, making an investment of approximately $250 million to expand its manufacturing facilities in China, resulting in a rise from 11 million monthly units manufactured currently, to 12 million by the end of 2012, with an ultimate goal of 15 million per month by 2015.

So, Toshiba begins to respond to new market scenario, where better focus their efforts on products that really sell, as in this case, hard drives, to the detriment of the NAND flash memory that are not proving successful .

Link: Toshiba HDD to Boost Production by 35% to Meet Demand (Hardware Zone)

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,