Fortunately, there is already an ideal solution for lovers of video games on old school consoles. Which, refers to make use of a program known as an “emulator”, with which you will not need to have these individual consoles and which are now considered obsolete, but simply to have a computer.
An emulator is based on a type of software that has the ability to imitate the behavior and functions of a game console of that time. Although it is not such a new mechanism, it is becoming more and more powerful practice, thanks to the design of very sophisticated programs to emulate this experience.
Now one of the best consoles that have been around since the 90’s, it’s about the psp. Since, it has interesting characteristics and has shown good skills. So if you want to remember the old days when you played with her, here we present some ideal alternatives.
List of the 3 best PSP emulators for computer ready to download for free and paid
This video game console, It was launched at the end of 2004 and until 2005 it was that it expanded worldwide. Taking into account that, I attract the attention of the majority of children and young people everywhere, thanks to its titles and its excellent functionalities. With that, Sony managed to sell more than 82 million PSP or PlayStation Portable.
In this sense, because it was one of the most famous video consoles, with the greatest boom and power in the world, until today. Various programs have been created that perfectly emulate your gaming experience on both Windows and Mac computers and some being totally free and others for payment.
However, despite the large number of solutions that the network provides for this, many of them are not currently active and others do not reveal the best performance. Therefore, we have specified one of the three most optimal programs that present the ability to emulate, with the best similarity, the PSP and in this section we will indicate them in detail:
Is about an open source project that facilitates all PSP games from one place, for free and with the greatest simplicity. Which is available for any version of Windows, as well as for Mac OS, GNU / Linux and an application compatible with Android has also been designed.
One of its greatest advantages is that it allows users to enjoy the best titles on the PSP in FullHD and thanks to this, you can maximize gameplay and overall experience.
In addition to this, it has the ability to increase the resolution of textures, it gives you the option of customize the controls to your liking from your PC, you can also increase the anisotropic filtering. It offers the excellent option of saving the game at any point you require and later, restoring it with the greatest ease to the previous state.
Among other details, this emulator is very easy to configure and even so, it allows you enable VSync, force filtering and other options at the graphical level. Furthermore, the program comes, by default, with an intuitive tool to configure and adjust all controls.
JPCSP (Java PSP Emulator)
Although it is a solution available only for Windows computers, it is worth considering due to its powerful features. In view of the fact that it stands out for being an emulator that can offer a lot of speed in the execution of any video game of the PlayStation Portable, as features compatibility with most available titles.
For its part, it should be noted that, although it is difficult to emulate this video game console, JPCSP it has done very well and therefore delivers the best results when running any game from there. This, attached to a very simple user interface which, in general, is one of the advantages that most captures the attention of its users. Taking into account that, does not require complicated settings that can minimize the experience.
Among other features of this PSP emulator software, we highlight that it allows extensive configuration of the keyboard buttons so that you can customize your experience. It is an option that is available on various trusted websites to start your download and installation in almost any version of Windows.
Another of the best solutions to run any title from the famous PSP is this emulator. Basically, it refers to a program that has been designed to run and allow its users to enjoy gaming games. most consoles that have been around over the years.
In other words, in addition to imitating the behavior of the PlayStation Portable, it is also an ideal solution for lovers of PSX / PS1, Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Boy Advance, Game Cube and Nintendo DS; all from the same interface.
For its part, it is free software that contains a user interface that is very easy to use, it is also very fast and therefore, maximize the speed of any game you run through the platform. Being this, one of the most optimal definitive solutions to play any variety of titles from your PC and taking into account that this can only be done on Windows computers, since it is not compatible with other operating systems.
In sum, we also highlight that the emulator basically requires a PC that has good ROM so that it hosts all possible titles and does not slow down any of them. It allows you to make use of the peripherals of each platform and through this, to be able to use the game as you would from the same console, in this case, from the PSP.
In this sense, it should be noted that with any of these three solutions that we recommend, you can run all PSP titles. Be it Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Gran Turismo, Burnout Legends, LocoRoco, LocoRoco 2, God of War: Chains of Olympus, Daxter, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, among others.
List of Best Classic PSP Games You Must Try to Play on Windows PC or Mac
Do you remember that small portable console with which you could transport yourself to other worlds? This edition, known as PSP, was popularized by his community to take it anywhere. Although it did not overcome the success of the traditional PlayStation, it was a device highly valued by users.
Many gamers ventured to enjoy the different games that were released in their time for the PSP. Therefore, we are going to give you a list with the top 10 of the most popular in this sense.
- Tekken Dark Resurrection: This version of Tekken for PSP surprised more than one player. It showed graphics that were really similar to the PS2 version, which made the game experience much smoother. At its launch it could be seen that it fulfilled everything promised.
- Burnout Legends: Burnout in itself was impressive on desktop consoles. However, with the portable version they managed to leave more than one speechless. Here the best vehicles, types of races and events of the series were collected. Therefore, it was given a position among the best titles for PSP.
- Killzone Liberation: In this version for portable console, the gameplay was completely changed, adding new elements such as vehicles, different tactical options and even elements more typical of an RPG. With this new formula, it was possible to take advantage of the PSP screen more efficiently.
- Resistance (Retribution): here too there was a format change from first to third person. It has a very exciting story that captivated those who gave it a chance. It incorporated several multiplayer modes to be able to destroy aliens together with friends.
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: its launch was in 2009, and its details seem made especially for use in this type of console. With this option, you could go out to capture gigantic monsters, build epic weapons, explore remote places and much more.
- SOCOM Fireteam Bravo: it’s an action game, because shooting from here to there abounds. Through the game of third person shooter, compatible with multiplayer mode, epic moments were lived. Its launch was in 2010.
- Persona 3 Portable: demons are fought here and shots can be fired at them thanks to the JRPG format. The pocket version had some interesting changes, such as simplification when exploring, removing some scenes, and adding the ability to select a female protagonist at the start of the game.
- The 3rd Birthday: This is the ending story of the second installment of Parasite Eve. It was developed by Square Enix in 2010, and consisted of a shooting game in which there was a dark setting, with time travel.
- Ultimate Ghost’n Goblins: In 2006, this interesting game was released by Capcom. Here the user takes on the role of Sir Arthur, who must travel through hell in order to rescue his beloved from the hands of the enemy Satan. This is one of the best recommendations for those who want to enjoy the PSP format.
- Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker: the version for PSP brought with it new mechanics in the game style, which allowed to live a much more enriching experience. It exploited the full potential of the Sony notebook, through very interesting graphics and technical skills. In addition, it included new tricks to infiltrate or fight enemies.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉