If you are one of the people who love the video games and especially to the console Playstation 2, then you can start testing the best emulators for Windows and Mac.
With these softwares you can start to experience your favorite games from your computer. PS2 console In a very simple way. A form of power turn your own PC into a machine for your favorite games. It should be mentioned that these programs are capable of carrying out the same functions as these consoles in order to provide their users with the best experience.
If you don’t want to spend money buying one ps2 console to enjoy your games, then start trying these emulators that are available for both your Windows computer like Mac. Thus, here is a list of the best software on the market.
List of the 5 best Play Station 2 emulators for computer ready to download for free and paid
Although, we must bear in mind that these emulators are programs that are specialized in imitate the behavior of another program in particular. In these cases, we are talking about emulators that are responsible for imitating the specific behavior of what they are PlayStation 2 consoles and of each of the videogames that reproduce in it.
Therefore, these softwares allow their users to be able to experience using these consoles from your own PC without the need to acquire them. They can be paid or free, where each of these programs offer different features in terms of functionality despite being all very similar.
That is why here we present you a small list with the best 5 emulators for PlayStation 2 that you can start using in your Windows or Mac PC.
PCSX2 It has become one of the most important software on the market. It is an emulator that can be used in different operating systems as is the case with Linux, Windows and Mac. In each of them it has excellent graphics and functions that will help make the experience in it high quality and as similar as possible to the original consoles.
So much so PCSX2 is considered as one of the best PlayStation emulators today, being preferred by most users. This emulator has the ability to play PS1 and PS2 games without any problem, which makes it a software capable of working with both consoles of PlayStation, this being an advantage over other programs of this type.
Thus, PCSX2 becomes a very good alternative to start enjoying each of games available for PS2 from your computer. You can download it completely for free, but you will have to make a previous configuration to start enjoying each of its games.
RetroArch is another of the emulators that we can find to start enjoying the console of Playstation 2, the same account with game engines and media players. With this emulator you have the opportunity to start run classic games on any type of computer and operating system, this is how you can download it both for Windows like Mac.
RetroArch is characterized by having advanced functions such as Shaders, netplay rewind, real response times among many others.
In addition, it has a large number of features such as the following:
- Cross platforms capable of working on 2 or more operating systems
- Play online
- Recording and transmission of each of the games
- A polished interface, among many others.
It is also important to mention that it is a program of free and open source that will help you reproduce the best ps2 games on your PC either Windows or Mac in a very simple way.
This emulator is specialized in specifically mimicking the PS2 console, where you can start enjoying each of your favorite games from your PC, be it Windows, Linux or Mac. In this way, you will not have the need to buy the console Playstation 2, since thanks to this software you will have the opportunity to enjoy it directly from the computer.
Among its main characteristics we find that it carries out a perfect emulation of the PS2 console, where you can enjoy from your PC the tools of the game console such as the memory card, graphics card, joystick, among other.
Unlike many other softwares of this type, ePSXe has the advantage that it is compatible with almost all PS2 games, which becomes a great advantage for its users, since they can start enjoying any game without any problem. However, not everything is perfect, and perhaps the only downside to this emulator is that you will need to have a PlayStation BIOS, Only then can you start playing compatible games.
This emulator will allow you to basically play any video game consoles launched on the market for 4 or 5 years. And is that Emulatorx It is characterized by having the emulators of the main consoles of recent years integrated. This is how you will find access to video game Like the ones of Super Nintendo, Gameboy Advance Nintendo, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Wii, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS and Megadrive.
In the case of consoles Xbox and PlayStation It has a certain limitation for some games, this is how only those that are compatible with the software can be run. Therefore, if you have a computer with large memory capacity, good resolution you can start enjoying your favorite games from any of these consoles, in the case of PS2, it has very good quality graphics above the other consoles available in the emulator.
If you are a fan of PS2 games then you can start installing Emulatorx in you Windows computer, You can download it completely for free.
MAME Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
This emulation software is available for the operating systems of Windows, Linux and Mac, it is specialized to imitate a large number of video game consoles, such as Playstation 2. However, it should be mentioned that MAME It is not the best program for this, as it tends to have some problems running especially older games on the console.
Despite this, it is important to mention that this program is compatible with more than 5000 games and it is one of the most used today. It can be downloaded completely free and does not take up many resources on the computer. A form of power imitate PS2 console on your computer and start playing your favorite games.
In addition, in some cases the program does not have ROM files of the games, therefore, you will have to look for these files on a website to be able to run said games on your virtual console, this is mainly because many licenses of these games have not been released yet. This ensures you use the emulator completely safe and free of any type of risk.
List of the best classic PS2 games you should try to play on PC Windows or Mac
The PS2 was the most purchased console of all time, which means that it really made a considerable impact within the world of video game lovers. One of the most interesting details of this version is that it included quite remarkable improvements.
Graphics, gameplay, and fluidity were easily appreciated by just spending a few minutes playing here. If you want to enjoy the best sagas and popular games on the PS2, pay attention.
- MGS 2 (Son of Liberty): This is the sequel to the best PSX game, that is, Metal Gear Solid. This acclaimed title continued its popularity, but this time for the PS2 version. The saga was characterized by having a difficult story to understand, but it achieved a complete success with the inclusion of the character of Raiden, who replaced the legendary Solid Snake.
- Kindom Hearts: At first it seemed crazy to mix Square with Disney, but it got a surprising hit. Here the magic and epicity of Final Fantasy reigns, along with the sympathy that highlighted Mickey Mouse. A true masterpiece in which you must fight against the evil Ansem.
- Devil May Cry: the main character in this story is Dante, son of the legendary Sparda. This character, half human and half demon, possesses powers from the beyond with which he must enter a story full of frenzied and fast combat. It is a complete milestone in the hack ‘n slash genre.
- Prince of Persia (The Sands of Time): The prince is a reckless young man who has a deep desire to be recognized by his father, King Sharaman of Persia. One of the aspects that shines the most in this game is an ancient artifact that allows you to slow down the action, have visions and much more. This device is called the Dagger of Time.
- Dragon Ball Z (Budokai 3): the first installments of this game did not receive good reviews. However, this version really kept gamers delighted. It has an incredible selection of characters and incorporates combat that is reminiscent of the classic Street Fighter or Tekken. If you want to master the combat system, it will take a long time to practice.
- Burnout 3 (Takedown): is a game similar to Tony Hawk, since it enjoys a spectacular soundtrack, surprising situations and a very interesting development. However, one of the main differences is that it is a driving game. It offers races full of challenges and pure adrenaline.
- Onimusha Warlords: It is one of the first game franchises to be designed for the PS2. It is a true action, exploration, combat and puzzle experience, which represents a mixture of quite interesting elements. In addition, it unites elements of Japanese culture to give it a much more considerable charm.
- Tekken 5: is the quintessential game for fighting fans. In version 5 they refine everything related to the combat system, combinations of characters with different abilities, rapid development and much more. It includes a mode known as Devil Within, in which the development of the story changes radically.
- Gran Turismo 4: Racing and competition are back on the PS2, this time with the fourth edition of Gran Turismo. It is considered the most acclaimed racing game on this game, making it a perfect option if you enjoy road challenges. One of the most surprising details, apart from the graphics, is its extensive catalog of cars.
- Pro Evolution Soccer 6: many gamers consider it the best soccer game of all time, even above FIFA. Its high appreciation is due to the inclusion of the Spanish, Italian, French and Dutch leagues. It put together a very engaging gameplay that wowed those who played it.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉