Currently, in the digital environment, LinkedIn It is considered one of the best social networks in the world, especially in labor terms. Since it is a platform that has been designed so that its users can acquire new business opportunities, gain more knowledge and, especially, connect with other professionals.
In that sense, the present social network has different tools that it provides to people to achieve get customers, employees or suppliers in an efficient, direct and easy way. Therefore, everyone can both send requests or invitations, as well as freely accept or reject them.
Now, since there is the possibility of declining a request from a user of LinkedIn, you will ask yourself why it is not always convenient to admit all the people who want to connect with you. Therefore, in this post, we will explain the reasons for this, as well as the steps to follow to decline or accept an invitation on the platform and even how you can delete or block a contact.
Why is it not convenient to accept everyone who asks you to your LinkedIn network?
For no one is a secret that, LinkedIn works differently compared to the usual patterns that other social networks follow, default. Therefore, in this social network, success is not measured in having a large number of contacts, but rather in ensure the quality of them. As a consequence, to maintain your profile from LinkedIn fully optimized, it is essential to avoid having contacts just for having them.
Which, emphasizes the importance of declining or rejecting invitations on that social network that you are not interested in, whenever necessary. In this way, it is valuable to understand that it is not always convenient to accept all the people who ask you, since LinkedIn is not Facebook. Therefore, you have to focus on create a network of contacts that can help you find career opportunities, gain new knowledge and ultimately meet your goals.
Well, for example, if you are a Spanish journalist, it will be useless to accept numerous users who they have nothing to do with your professional career nor do they have the same nationality nor do they approximate your aspirations. On the other hand, if you invite or accept different journalists, you will be able to have a network of quality contacts or, who have the same professional interests as you.
Added to that, It is also not appropriate to admit the entry to your profile of those users of doubtful origin or who display little information. Either they don’t have a profile picture, they don’t indicate their profession or show their qualifications, for example. Since, even, could harm your safety in the social network.
Learn step by step how to decline or accept an invitation on LinkedIn
While it is true, invitations sent by a LinkedIn user appear as a notification in the tab that says “My network” in the main bar at the top of the page. So every time a person sends you a new request, it will be shown in that section.
Therefore, from this tab, you will have the possibility to decline or accept an invitation, freely. Whereas, luckily, the platform does not notify contacts that you have declinedIn no way, and therefore, you should not feel obliged to accept any invitation that you neither want nor need.
Thus, to decline or admit a request on LinkedIn, you will have to follow the steps indicated here:
- To start, access the official website of the platform or, failing that, the mobile application. For thus, enter your account with the corresponding credentials.
- Followed by that, you have to click on the tab “My network” which is where the received notification will be displayed.
- Then, in the new window that appears, you must click on the option “Manage invitations” to be able to observe them one by one.
- Subsequently, in each request received, you will find two options which are: “Ignore” and “Accept”.
- If you click on IgnoreYou will automatically decline the invitation from that contact to your network.
- Conversely, if you select Accept, you will decide to add that user to your contacts.
On the other hand, in case you have doubts about the user to accept or decline, the platform allows you to send a message to verify who it is or clarify your doubts and with it, avoid future inconveniences for this. Valuing that, it is decisive that check each profile before approving a connection invite on LinkedIn.
Do you have a toxic user on your network? Steps to delete or block a contact on LinkedIn
Although, LinkedIn manipulates patterns different from common social networks, Certainly, on this platform you can also run into toxic users in your network of contacts. That is, a person who mismanages their profile on LinkedIn and produces harmful effects that manage to harm other people.
In these cases, it is best remove or block such contact on LinkedIn, in order to recover your security and privacy, as well as make sure you maintain a pleasant digital environment based on your network of contacts on the website.
For which, you will have to carry out one of the following processes:
When you delete a user in LinkedIn will automatically both stop being first degree contacts and therefore, it will not appear in the section “Contacts” from your account. Also, after doing it, each and every one of the recommendations and validations between you and that contact will be discarded.
Considering that, as in the previous case, this will also not be notified by the system. Now, when deleting a contact from your network in LinkedIn, you can carry it out from the Contacts page or directly through your profile.
If you prefer to do it through the Contacts page, the steps to follow are:
- To start, press the icon “My network” in the top bar of the home page and select “Contacts” on the left side.
- Now, next to the contact that you would like to delete, you have to click the More icon and then, click on “Delete contact”.
- Finally, in the pop-up window of Delete contact, proceed to click on “Delete” and you’re done.
On the other hand, if you choose to do it from the profile of the user in question, the procedure consists of:
- When access to your LinkedIn account, go to the profile of the contact to delete.
- Followed by it, in the card user presentation, press the button “More …”.
- Finally, just select “Delete contact” to delete it from your network.
Instead of deleting a user from your network in LinkedIn, many people prefer to block it to make sure they avoid any kind of connection with it since then. Assessing that, once you block a member of the social network, this will not see your profile in any wayYou will also not receive a notification of this action and will automatically appear on your list of blocked people.
Thus, to block or restrict a contact on the platform, the steps to carry out refer to:
- From your bill from LinkedIn, enter the profile of the user you would like to block.
- Now, under the profile picture of the person in question, press the button “More …” and in the list that is shown, select the option that says “Report / Block”.
- After that, in the drop-down menu, proceed to choose “Block [nombre del usuario]”.
- In conclusion, click on “Block”. In case you want to review all the available options, click on “Go back”.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉