4G connection, also known as LTE, is a type of internet connection that is made through mobile phones. It is so called because it corresponds to the fourth generation, to the next step after 3G, presenting much higher transfer speeds and allowing you to work with a much greater amount of data no matter where you are.
The main utility of this type of connection is to allow smartphone users navigate more smoothly anywhere, as long as there is coverage. Thanks to this system, watching videos or sharing documents and large files is much easier, since it is capable of reaching a speed of 100 Mb / s instead of the 10 Mb / s of 3G.
Activating it on smartphones is already practically essential for all the facilities it brings. In this step by step guide we will explain how to activate 4G on your smartphone whether you are a user of Android as iPhone. In addition, we will also help you to check if your device can use this type of connection.
Steps to enable the 4G connection of my smartphone
One of the most advanced speeds to take advantage of in mobile terminals without the need to be near a Wi-Fi connection. If you want to enable 4G connection of your smartphone, these are the steps you have to follow.
For Android devices
In the case of having an Android terminal, you have to do the following:
- Access the menu “Settings” of the telephone. To do this, click on the icon that contains a gear .
- Once there, go to the connections section, usually the first one to appear. Enter the section “Mobile networks” if it is visible. If not, click on “More”And then on it.
- Now, the first thing you should check is that the section “Mobile data” It is activated. If not, click on its button to enable it.
- After this, descend until you reach the section “Preferred network type” and click on it.
- In the options that will appear now, mark the one that contains the 4G. Generally is “Automatic 4G / 3G / 2G”.
- After this, the data connection with this speed will be activated. You can now navigate faster on your Android phone.
For iOS devices
If you use an iPhone instead of these other devices, the process to follow is the one explained below:
- Go to the menu “Setting” or “Settings”. It is the icon with several gears inside , located within the phone’s applications menu.
- Now, go to option “Mobile data” and click on it.
- Within the menu that appears below, go to the section “Voice and data” and click on it to continue.
- You will now see several available fields. You have to mark the one that corresponds to “4G” or “LTE”. Both offer a similar speed and are used to connect to the internet.
- Get out and start browsing, you will see that the speed is higher than with other connections.
It is very important that, first of all, make sure you have a rate that includes the 4G connection speed as part of the data package, as well as keeping in mind that consumption with this rate is much higher than with 3G or even 2G.
In case you already have this type of connection enabled, you can enable or disable mobile data through the top bar of the telephone. On both Android and iPhone, drag your finger from top to bottom and a string of notifications will appear, along with a menu with various options. Mark on it “Mobile data“Or”Data connection”And you will have it activated if it is not.
How to check if my mobile device uses a 4G connection?
If you do not know how to check if your mobile device uses a 4G connection, the process to follow is quite simple. The first thing you have to do is follow any of the guidelines indicated in the previous section, depending on whether you are an Android or iPhone user. After doing so, just look at the symbol next to your phone’s coverage indicator.
This icon, always available at the top of the screen, in addition to indicating the quality of the connection to call and connect to the internet, it also indicates the speed you have at all times. If you are in an area where your operator offers 4G and, in addition, you have made sure to check that it appears in the options when activating it, look at the icon and see if it also shows “4G”.
In case it shows “LTE”, Is also offering you this type of connection to the network. Otherwise, if what it shows is “3G”, “H” or “2G”, you are not connected with the highest data rate. You have to check your rate, review the configuration or the capabilities of the phone.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉