Adobe Flash Player is an application that over time has positioned itself as one of the main media players to surf the internet. It is one of the add-ons that are part of any modern browser to be able to watch videos, show images or even listen to songs that may be placed on web pages.
Developed by the company Adobe Systems and launched in 1996 in its first version, its function is to facilitate the playback of multimedia elements as those we have already mentioned, so it is one of the essential elements to guarantee access to everything that the internet can offer us. It must be updated and, above all, activated to be able to navigate safely and without restrictions of any kind.
In case you have problems and don’t know how to activate and enable Adobe Flash Player in any of the most installed and used web browsers, let’s fix it. This guide explains step by step what you have to do to activate it in your web browser and also how to proceed after activation. You will have to perform a couple of actions each time content that requires this add-on appears, and we will explain it here too.
Steps to enable and run Adobe Flash Player according to web browser
The steps to enable and run Adobe Flash Player depend on the browser website you use. Follow the instructions to Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari and Edge that we give next.
For Google Chrome
If for any reason you try to open content that requires this component and it doesn’t work, you have to enable it again. To do this, follow these steps that we will indicate below:
For Internet Explorer (Microsoft Edge)
In the case of Internet Explorer (Edge), the Adobe Flash Player settings are similar to those of Chrome. The steps to follow to make it work are these:
- Open your browser.
- When you’re inside, go to the top right and click on the icon with three ellipsis .
- Within the menu that appears, click on “Setting”.
- Now, all you have to do is keep going down to click on the option “See advanced settings”.
- One of the first fields that appears, after this, is that of “Use Adobe Flash Player”. Click on the button below to activate it if it is deactivated.
- Close the browser and reopen it.
- When you enter a website with content that requires Flash Player, a puzzle piece icon will appear in the address bar. Click on it and, in the new menu, on “Allowing once”.
For Mozilla Firefox
If you are a user of Mozilla FirefoxAdobe Flash Player should run smoothly every time content that requires it appears. If not, You have to follow these steps that we explain:
To activate and start Adobe Flash in Safari, you have to heed these instructions that we are going to give you:
- Run the browser Safari through its icon.
- Once inside, click on the icon that looks like gear . A small drop-down menu will open.
- Now, go to the section “Preferences” and click on it.
- In the window that appears below, go to the section “Security” clicking on it.
- Within the options below, make sure to leave the “Allow modules (plug-ins)”.
- After this, click on “Module settings …”.
- Now, you will have another additional window in front of you. Search “Adobe Flash Player” in the left column and check its box.
- Different options will appear on the right. Click on the dropdowns of all and choose the option “Ask”.
- Hereinafter, you will be asked every time there is something that asks to use Flash Player.
Do you use Opera? If so, we explain here what you have to do to activate Adobe Flash Player:
- Open Opera clicking on its icon or as you usually do.
- Once inside, click on the button with three lines inside the navigation screen.
- Go down in the drop-down and click on “Go to browser settings”.
- Now, go to the section “Advanced” and click on it.
- Find the section “Content settings”. When you find it, enter it.
- Of all the fields that appear, you must choose the one called “Flash”.
- When you’re in it, make sure to enable “Allow sites to run Flash content” and also the option “Ask before (recommended)”.
- From now on, the browser will ask you every time there is a content that asks to use this extension.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉