Airplay is an Apple tool for sharing content. It allows different devices to connect with each other to play multimedia material from one to another, sending the signal through the Wi-Fi network and thus allowing photos, videos or music to be carried from one terminal to another, acting as a screen that replicates what which shows the first.
It is used to make presentations, to play video from a phone on a TV or even turn it into a music player if desired. In addition, on Mac computers, Airplay can also be used to dock another screen and have another desktop to work with, or to do everything that can also be done with iPhone phones.
Don’t know how to activate Airplay? If you have doubts about the procedure, in this guide we review step by step what to do with each device. We explain everything you have to do not only on iPhone or Mac, but we also expand and present you a solution to use Airplay on Android, despite the fact that it does not have official support for it.
Steps to activate Airplay software
We will explain to you all the steps to configure Airplay on both Android and iOS. Follow what is indicated in the next sections.
On Mac, there is not much to do when it comes to enable and use Airplay. Pay attention and follow each step we indicate:
- With your Mac turned on and the system started, make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi wireless network. In the same way, you should check that the device to which you are going to send content is also on the same network.
- Now, open the program you want to broadcast. Make sure it is compatible with Airplay as otherwise you will not be able to continue.
- Once inside, go to the available controls and look for a icon containing a box and an arrowas it is the Airplay. You have to click on it.
- Behind this, a list of connected and available devices will appear. Choose the one you want to send the signal to and you will have finished activating and using this tool.
If you prefer, you can mirror or even extend your Mac screen to an Airplay compatible device. You just have to go to the top bar of the main window and click the icon of this tool, then choose the target device and decide what you want to do. You can replicate from your computer to the TV, vice versa or even share screen between both to have more space.
The steps to activate Airplay on an iPhone phone they are pretty straightforward. Follow the instructions that we give you below:
- First, check that your device’s Wi-Fi connection is active. Go into “SettingsAnd look at the field “Wifi” to check.
- Make sure now that the device you want to stream to it is also connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone. Otherwise this tool will not work.
- Now, choose the app whose content you want to send to the other device. When it is playing, click on the icon containing a box with an arrow. It’s of “Airplay”.
- If you wish, you can also mirror your screen on the other device. To do this, start by opening the “Control center” on your iPhone. Swipe from bottom to top and it will appear.
- Press the arrow box icon to enter the Airplay.
- Choose the device you want to send everything to what appears on the phone screen.
- If a code appears On the destination screen, enter it in the field that now appears in your terminal.
- Finished process.
- Then choose the device you want to send the signal to and you will have finished.
In Android there is no native support for Airplay, but it can be enabled using a third party app. Follow these steps and you can do it:
- Go into Google Play Store clicking on its icon.
- Once inside, look for the app “Kodi”. Go to the search engine, write its name and click on the first result that appears. You can also download the app from the link that we leave you above.
- Download the application by clicking on the button “Install” and wait for the process to finish. Now, open this app.
- When you are inside, you must go to the section “Settings” to enter the program settings.
- After this, head to the section “Network” and click on it.
- Now look for the field “Airplay”And click on it to modify its parameters. On the right, activate the option “Enable AirPlay support”.
- Now, just go to your Mac or iPhone and activate AirPlay too. When it comes to recognizing devices, one called “Kodi (localhost)”. Press on it and you will transmit the signal to the Android terminal with Kodi open.
* The problem with this method is that it only works to reproduce sound. There is no support for sharing video or images.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉