Want to disable video notifications from your Facebook friends when they’re streaming from the beach or when their pets are doing some mischief? Well, we will show you below how to configure this option so that you are no longer interrupted.
The first thing we will teach you are the steps you will have to do to enable or disable FB alerts on any device. It is important that you pay attention to each stage.
Finally, we are going to explain, in detail, other cool tweaks you can make on Facebook Live to choose if you want to receive comments or watch a broadcast from your TV.
Learn step by step how to activate and deactivate live video notifications on Facebook Live
See below the step by step you have to do so as not to miss anything and you can receive live video notifications when your contacts are using Facebook Live. We will also show you how to disable this tool from any device so you don’t lose concentration when you’re working.
Go for it:
The first thing you are going to have to do is enter the Facebook application that you have installed on your Android mobile.
Then you must write your username and password and follow this guide:
- Go to the upper right corner of the screen and click on the icon of the three horizontal lines.
- Once the options menu is displayed, you should find the function Settings and privacy, so you’re going to have to click on it.
- Then select the tool Setting.
- You will see a new menu that will open on your screen, so you will have to scroll with your finger down the options until you find Notifications settings.
- When you enter choose the function Video.
- Seeks Allow notifications on Facebook and slide the switch to enable or disable the alerts you can receive. Remember that, when the push is blue, the tool will be enabled to accept notifications.
- In case you want to activate the alerts when your friends are live, you can customize if you want to enable the options Push, Email Y SMS as ways to receive alerts.
If you have the Lite version of Facebook installed, then follow these steps:
- Access the app and log in.
- Click on the icon Right upper corner.
- Scroll the screen with your fingers and click on the option Setting.
- Choose Notifications settings and then select Video.
- Customize whether or not you want to activate notifications in the option Allow notifications on Facebook.
On your iPhone or iPad mobile you can activate or deactivate video notifications by following this process:
- Access the app from Facebook for iOS.
- After entering your user ID and password, you will be on the main page, so you will have to look for the three-line icon. You will find it in the lower right corner of the screen from your mobile.
- When you access the options menu go to Settings and privacy and press on it.
- Then click Setting.
- After this look for the tool Notifications settings and access it.
- Choose Video and enter your options menu.
- Next to Allow notifications on Facebook, you will find a small bar that will change color if you decide to activate or deactivate this option. Flip the switch to choose what suits you best.
As with Android, you will be able to choose if you want to customize If you want to receive an alert when your friends are broadcasting live through a push notification, a chat by email or text message.
On PC and MacOS
If you are one of the people who likes use Facebook on your computer, then you can customize the settings to receive or not a video notification from this device.
To do this, you must do the following:
- Join Facebook.
- Go to the left column and, at the top, select the icon of an arrow. This will bring up a pop-up menu.
- Look for the option Settings and privacy and click on it.
- Then select Setting.
- Enter the menu and choose the tool Notifications.
- Choose the function Video and modify the status of the bars that you will find on the left of the screen.
Other interesting adjustments that you can make in Facebook Live from any device
In addition to choosing whether or not you want to receive a notification of live videos, you also you can make other useful settings within Facebook to further customize the tools that the platform offers you.
Enable and disable comments
If you are looking to customize the option to see the comments of the viewers when you are in a live broadcast, then you will have to do this step by step:
- Open the Facebook app and enter your username and password.
- Choose the transmission live you want and enter it.
- Then, hover over the mouse for the video.
- When a menu is activated at the bottom of the screen select Silent mode.
On the other hand, if you want to disable the reactions and comments of the viewers when you are watching a live From the phone, you should swipe right from the screen. When you want to activate this function you will have to move your finger to the left area of the screen.
View FB Live on Smart TV
A very comfortable alternative that you can use on Facebook is to see the live transmissions of other users from the Smart TV. You must bear in mind that the television must have a stable connection to a device that serves as transmission, box TV or a suitable operating system for retransmission.
So that you can do it without making mistakes and quickly and easily, pay attention to this guide:
- Open Facebook from your computer or mobile. Then enter your username and password to enter your account.
- Choose live broadcast you want to see on the SmartTV.
- If you are on the mobile press lightly on the screen to bring up a pop-up menu at the bottom. On the other hand, if you are doing this task on a PC or Mac, then hover over the screen to see the hidden options.
- At the top right of the video you will find the transmission icon, which is represented by a rectangle with a wireless signal. Press on it.
- Choose the name of the TV in which it will be broadcast live.
- SmartTV is likely I needed an authorization to allow the retransmission, so you will have to press on Okay to deliver this permit.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉