It is no secret to anyone that, for many years, Microsoft Word has been considered the most widely used word processor in the world, due to its remarkable recognition and all the functions it facilitates. Well, thanks to the improvements it has adopted in all its versions, it can be estimated as a very complete program.
Thus, it is the main tool to which people turn to create, edit, personalize and manage your digital documents. Especially because they know they can get quality results. Like, for the functions available to simplify text creation processes.
That is why, it has a section known as “Document Views” that brings benefits to all its users, depending on what they need to do. One of the most useful types of view is known as “Draft” and it’s worth knowing what it’s about, plus how it can be activated in Word.
What is draft view in Word documents and what are the benefits of turning it on?
First of all, before proceeding to explain each of the steps that need to be carried out when activating the draft view in Word, it is important to know what it refers to and what are its main benefits for the writer.
In that sense, as its name indicates, it consists of a view of the document that allows you to see it as if it were a physical sketch or draft. Reason why, it is also known as “Project view” and, of course, it offers the possibility to edit or modify the text quickly.
In this way, the draft view is responsible for hiding the vast majority of the elements of the document in Word, with the main objective of simplify quick edits and at the same time, avoid being distracted by those design featuressuch as: headers and footers, borders, background colors, images, the left ruler bar, etc.
Thus, the draft view in a Word document provides optimal advantages when making changes to the text and / or checking its quality. Which are, mainly:
- Guarantees greater comfort at work, due to an increase in the size of the characters and thus, you can better visualize the exposed content for editing.
- In addition to comfort, it also allows ensure significant time savings when carrying out any editing process. This, thanks to the disappearance of several elements that can lead to distraction, by default.
- Since it facilitates the interpretation of the writing, it allows exhibit greater professionalism in it, as it will be easier to strengthen its technical aspect.
Steps to activate draft view in Microsoft Word documents
Now, if during the preparation of your digital writing in Word, at the time of editing or for verification before printing, you want to make use of this type of view in the program; you need to know how to activate it correctly. Reason why, in this part of the post, We proceed to mention each and every one of the steps to carry out for this:
- To start, you have to find and enter the Word document you need to edit through draft view.
- After that, from the main window of the program, go to the options bar at the top and click on the tab called “View”.
- Once you do the above, they will show you several groups of options and among those, go to the Views part (the first square that is observed).
- At that point, you will see each and every one of the view types in Word and, in this case, you must select the option that indicates “Draft”.
- Now, automatically, your document will be displayed in draft form and there you have the possibility of use all available functions to edit it.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉