FaceTime is a video calling app made by Apple and released on most of its devices. It is available for both iPhone and iPad, Mac and even iPod Touch devices and has been active since June 2010.
This program is widely used, especially on smartphones that have an IOS operating system, because of how easy it is to use. It serves, above all, for make calls with the video camera activated, so it allows both parties to see each other while they speak or show what they are interested in teaching. Requires an internet connection, although it can use both the Wi-Fi network and the data connection offered by the telephone operator to users.
If you haven’t used it yet or you don’t know how to activate Facetime on your Apple device, we are going to explain everything you have to do in this step-by-step guide. We give you all the guidelines you need and the advice to start using it both on iPhone and Mac and, in addition, we give you several solutions to the problems that you may encounter when completing the activation process. Following our instructions, you can start using it in a few minutes.
Steps to activate the Facetime video calling application
Both on Mac and iPhone it is necessary follow a series of steps to activate Facetime. In this section we are going to explain everything you have to do on both devices to take advantage of this video calling application signed by Apple.
For enable and be able to use Facetime on iPhone, you can directly open the app and log in with your Apple ID. However, there is another method that is more secure and does not fail. Follow the steps that we are going to indicate below to apply it:
- With your phone on, go to the menu “Settings” through the icon that contains several gears inside.
- Once there, you will see the option “FaceTime” among the first sections on the screen. You just have to click on it.
- Now, you have to activate this app by pressing on the indicator on your right.
- Under this, you will also find a section to log in. Click on the one that indicates “Apple ID” to log in with her.
- Now, you must enter the Apple email address registered with your account, as well as the access password.
- Done this, you can modify some values, such as the method with which they can contact you through the app or the identity with which you want to be seen.
- Come out and open it, you can now make video calls with whoever you want and also have this application.
An important point to keep in mind when enable it on Mac is that it is necessary to have a webcam to be able to send an image. Once you have it, the steps to follow are these:
- Once your Mac computer is on, just open the app clicking on its icon.
- When it runs, what you should do is log in entering the data requested.
- Starts with enter your Apple ID in the available field. Then, also write the password to access (remembering to respect the capital letters if there are any).
- Once you have finished logging in, you should check if the program is properly activated to be able to receive or make calls.
- To do this, also click on “Facetime”And then click the option “Activate FaceTime”. If it is already activated, “Turn off FaceTime”.
- You already have the program activated and ready to call and chat on your Mac.
If you want to sync everything properly between your iOS devices, it is recommended that Always connect with the same Apple user account. In this way, you will also keep contacts and call histories.
FAQ: Problems and solutions to activate and use Facetime
With use, it is common to find several problems when using Facetime. To solve them all, we are going to give a series of solutions that work and that allow you to use this video calling app. First, take into account the error messages that may appear when performing the activation steps explained above.
You may see any of these indications indicating the existence of incidents:
- “An error occurred during activation.”
- “Incorrect activation”.
- “Unable to connect. Please check your network connection and try again ”.
- “Waiting for activation.” This message remains and the process never ends.
In any of these cases, you must proceed as we are going to explain below, and there are several solutions that can work whatever your situation.
Wait for 24 hours. Sometimes it can take a whole day for this application to start working.
Check your connections and your settings:
- First, check that the time is correctly indicated and recorded. Start by going to “Settings”.
- Once there, go to the section “general”.
- From this, enter the option “Date and Time”And check that they are well indicated.
- If the problem persists, check that you are well connected to the Wi-Fi network or have enabled mobile data. Enter the section of “Settings”And there you will find the sections“Mobile data” Y “Wifi”, Enter and activate or deactivate the one you see fit.
Restart the application:
- With the phone switched on, go to the “Settings”.
- Now, head to the field “Facetime”And click on it to access its settings.
- Next to the name of the app, you will have a button, press it to deactivate it on the phone.
- Restart the terminal.
- Go back to “Settings” already “Facetime”.
- Now, activate it by pressing the button indicated above again.
In any of these situations, finish each procedure by turning the terminal off and on again. You may need to finish making adjustments and need to restart to properly update the sections. When you’re done, reopen this app to see if it works. If not, contact Apple’s support service for more specialized help and some other valid solution.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉