This function is a tool introduced by Apple in their mobile phones to help users. It is a function that reveals the exact location of the device when it is disconnected, something that helps a lot in case of loss or even theft.
It is used to detect, on a fully detailed map, the place where the phone is as long as it is connected and operational. In case of power off, this tool also reveals where it was the last time it was running. In the same way, it can also be used to locate a person who has an iPhone that has this function activated.
An interesting security measure for the owners of these phones and that should be mastered. If you do not know how to enable and disable “find my iPhone”, let’s make it easy for you with this guide. We give you all the explanations and we detail step by step what you have to do through different methods. Whether the terminal is locked or if you want to use iCloud or if you don’t remember your Apple ID password necessary, we give you all the guidelines you need.
Steps to enable or disable the “find my iPhone” option
The pasos to enable or disable this option they do not vary much depending on the medium used. It is important to know that, in most cases, it is not possible to activate this option unless you are using the phone with which you want to enable it. To disable, however, things are easier.
In the following sections we explain everything:
If the phone is locked
If the phone is locked It is because it has a previous owner who has not correctly cleaned the information and, now, you are prevented from even entering the terminal. In this case, whether the activation lock screen or the password screen appears, what you should do is what we are going to explain to you with the following steps:
- Contact the previous owner iPhone by whatever means it seems obvious but this option would solve the problem almost immediately.
- Ask for disable phone lock, if it is nearby. If it is not, give the following indications:
- Login to the iCloud website https://www.icloud.com with your Apple ID.
- Once inside, go to the section “Search my Iphone”.
- After this, click on the option “All devices”. It appears at the top of the screen.
- Brand device to delete from the list.
- When it is selected, click on the option “Delete device“Or”Remove”.
- If asked, click on “Remove from account“Or in”To accept.
- When you have done this, you can access the phone again. If there are no modifications, we recommend turning the terminal off and on again to refresh the information.
- Now, enter the section “Settings” to access the iPhone settings.
- From there, click on “general”.
- Go now to “Restore” and, within its menu, press “Delete content”. It will finish cleaning the device if it has not already been done.
- Now go back to “Settings” and enter both your Apple ID and the password in case a screen that asks you does not appear.
- Inside the menu “Settings”, click on your username.
- From there, click on “ICloud”.
- Then, look for the option “Search my Iphone”.
- On the screen that now appears, you just have to activate or deactivate depending on whatever you want. To do this, press the button on the right.
It can neither be activated nor disable “Find my iPhone” without password. The Apple security system is designed so that only the true owner of the device can modify this option, so it requires that not only a password be entered, but also also the Apple ID linked to the terminal.
If you do not have the password to access the ID, the only solution is to go to the iCloud platform and request a new one:
- Enter the website of https://www.icloud.com
- Once loaded, click or press on the option “Have you forgotten your Apple ID or password? “
- On the next screen, enter Apple ID of which you do not have the key.
- After this, check the option “I want to reset the password” and then click on “Continue”.
- We now recommend choosing the option “Answer security questions” and click again on “Continue”. If you prefer, you can choose “Receive an email”.
- Answer back to several of these questions in order to move forward.
- Enter the new password now to enter, you have to type it twice to confirm that it is correctly entered. Then, click on “Restore”.
- Now, go to the phone and go back to the option “Search my Iphone”. Use the new password and you can continue.
From another device
If you don’t have another device with an iOS operating system, jump directly to the next section to see how to proceed from iCloud. If you have it or know someone who does, follow these steps, although you will not be able to enable it:
- With your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch turned on, open the app “Search my Iphone”.
- Done this, sign in with your phone’s Apple ID in question and also enter the password in the fields that appear. It is possible that the original account must be unlinked from the terminal or that of a family member who is linked to the family group may have to be used.
- When you are inside, go to the section “Settings”.
- Click now on your Apple account.
- After, brand iPhone you want to have access to.
- The next thing you should do is, in the menu that now appears, click on the option “Search my Iphone” to leave it marked in “Yes“Or”NoDepending on what you want to do.
You need another device and a web browser, and you can only disable the service, since enabling it requires having the terminal in hand. Then follow these steps that we are going to show you:
- Open the web browser of the device you are using and enter the following URL address in the address bar at the top: https://www.icloud.com/#find
- Now, enter the email address of your Apple ID in the blank field on the screen. Press the arrow icon next to it once you have done it.
- Then repeat typing the access code in the field that just appeared below. Remember to respect capital letters if there are any. Click on the arrow again.
- In the panel that appears, click or tap “All devices”.
- Next, you will see a list of all those that have linked to your account. Choose the one you want.
- When you have chosen it, now you just have to click on the option “Remove from account ” to be deactivated.
- If this does not appear, look for another that has a symbol in the shape of an X, it is that of “Remove”. All you have to do is click on it and accept in case you are asked. Ready!
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉