Google Play Store is the application store that is available on all mobile devices with Android operating system. It is the platform created by Google to allow access to the entire range of programs and tools that exist for users of smartphones, tablets and smartwatches that use this OS.
It serves to give more functions to mobile phones, to be able to download all the necessary and useful applications in these terminals. Some paid and others free, may have professional or recreational purposes, but all are available in the catalog offered by this Google program.
If you do not know how to activate the Google Play Store APP or you have problems with it on your phone, we bring you this step by step guide with everything you can do. Both to reinstall or activate this app store, and to repair it in case of problems with downloads on your cell phone, we propose all possible solutions to make it work perfectly.
Steps to reinstall and activate Play Store on Android
If for any reason you have deleted the Google application store, we will explain the steps to reinstall and activate Play Store on Android. In this case, it is not enough to download a file for the store, it is also necessary to use another for the company’s services.
Next, we explain what you have to do if you have deleted the Play Store and want to recover it:
- With your smartphone on, go to “Settings” clicking on its icon .
- Descend in this menu until you reach the section “Advanced settings” and enter it.
- Now go to the field of “Security” and click there to access, depending on which version of Android you use, it may be found in the “More“Or it is even possible that it appears directly when entering“Settings”.
- Look at all the options and see which one is called “Unknown origins”,”Unknown sources“or “Third party apps”.
- Enable it if it is not, by pressing the button next to it, to allow the installation of APK.
- Once this is done, open the web browser you use on your smartphone and enter a website to download the installation file from Google Play Store, Another 100% safe option is to do it from the download link we leave you below.
- Now, you have to download and install the APP “Google Play Services”. Go through the normal installation process of any app on your Android phone.
- After, open the Google Play Store and wait.
- When the latter is over, open the store and you can enter it. If you ask for user data, just choose the Google account that you have linked to the smartphone.
It is possible that, instead of being uninstalled, the Play Store has simply been disabled on your phone. In this case, what you should do is what we indicate here:
- With your phone on, go to the section “Settings”> “More”.
- Once inside, look for the section of “Application Manager” and enter by clicking on it.
- Make sure that, in this new menu, the tab or option of “All applications”Or”Everything“If not, click on the field above and choose it.
- Now, scroll down the huge list of programs until you find “Google Play Store”. Click there.
- On the next screen, you just have to press the button “Enable” to get it working.
- If it continues to fail, return to this same place and access “Google Play services” instead of to the store.
- Do the same as before, press the option “Enable”.
What to do when Google Play does not work? Solutions
There can be many situations in which this application purchase service does not work properly. If you do not know what to do when Google Play is not working, we are going to give you some guidelines that usually fix any possible failure.
Check the download manager. Without it, the store cannot function
- With your terminal on, go to the section “Settings”.
- Now go to the section “Application Manager” and enter it.
- Search, in the list that appears, the program “Downloads” and enter it.
- If the button appears “Enable”, press it to make it work again. If not, this is not the problem.
Clear the Google Play cache
- Again, on your phone, enter the section “Settings” through its icon.
- Go down to “Application Manager” and go in there.
- In the list, scroll down until you find “Google Play Store” and access your options by clicking on your name.
- Now, click on the section “Memory”.
- Then press the button “Clear cache.”
- If it still fails, repeat all the steps up to “e” and click on “Delete data”. All information will be deleted, recovering everything when you start the app again.
Clear the Google Play Services cache
- Enter the section “Applications”Following steps“ a ”and“ b ”from the previous point.
- Now, look for the section “Google Play services” in the list and enter your settings.
- Again, press “Memory”.
- Finally, click the button “Clear cache” to do cleaning.
Delete and register your Google account again
- Go to “Settings” on your phone.
- Now, go to the section “Accounts” and enter it.
- Tap on “Google”.
- Choose the profile assigned to the Google Play store.
- Once inside, go down and click on “Delete account”.
- Now, go back to the main screen of “Accounts”.
- Press the option “Add Account”.
- Choose “Google” among the proposals that appear.
- Enter the email or phone number of the account and click on “Next”.
- Now, do the same with the access password.
- Accept the terms of service by clicking on “I agree”.
- Set up your payment details setting by first choosing the method (you can skip the option).
- Enter the information now that you are asked about the chosen method.
- You’re done.
*Note: If all these methods fail and the application still does not work correctly, a last option is restore your Android phone to factory settings, this option should be taken as the last alternative since it is a more complex process and not suitable for any user.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉