Calls and video calls on Skype they are an excellent resource to maintain constant communication with anyone. However, many times there are factors that can influence the quality of the sound, which means that it will be difficult to understand what the other is saying.
Thus, the use of subtitles comes in handy to avoid misunderstandings. Also, subtitles can be a vital tool while talking to someone in another language, because so you can understand it more easily.
Consequently, throughout this post you will know How to put and activate the subtitles in Skype from any of your devices?. In addition to that, we will share information about an interesting feature known as Skype Translator.
Learn step by step how to activate Skype subtitles from any device quickly and easily
With the help and assistance of live captions, you can read everything they say both in a video call and in an audio call. However, it must be clarified that they are not available in Skype for version Android 4.0.4-5.1.
Once you take that into account, the way to activate the function on your devices is:
- While you are on a video call or audio call, click on More which has an icon with three horizontal dots.
- Click on Enable subtitles and ready.
We teach you how to change the language of Skype subtitles for any video call easy and fast
Inside skype, you can change the subtitle language so that fit your needs. It is a very simple procedure that is carried out in the same way, regardless of the team you do it from.
Do the following to change the subtitle language:
- Press the profile picture on Skype.
- Go to Setting.
- Click on Calls, which has a phone icon.
- Select in Call captions.
- Next to the Subtitle language option, go to Spoken language.
- Choose the language you want on the list.
What are all the languages that can be set in the subtitles?
The Skype platform supports a total of 11 languages for subtitles. Here some fairly common and some more complicated are included, as in the case of Chinese, Russian, etc.
Consequently, specifically the languages that can be set in Skype subtitles are:
- Traditional Chinese.
- English (USA).
- English United Kingdom).
- Spanish – Spain).
- Head towards your profile picture and enter there.
- Tap on Setting.
- Tap on the icon Call.
- Go to Call captions.
- Activate the option corresponding to Show captions for all calls. If you only want to see the subtitles of other participants and not yourself, change Only show subtitles from other participants.
One aspect to keep in mind, is that at enable subtitles the touch tone will stop working.
Skype Translator Learn step by step how to make subtitles of translations of other languages appear in your calls in real time!
If you are talking to a person who speaks a language other than yours and you cannot understand it, using Skype Translator can be of great help. You will ask yourself, What is the difference between Skype Translator and Skype subtitles ?. The answer to that is that live captions do not translate, but Skype Translator does.
But you must bear in mind that its operation is not as direct as would be expected. Then, through this technology you can have a conversation with another in a slow way, and a translation of what each one says will be made. If you want to enable the functionality of Skype Translator To speak to someone who has a language other than yours, you have to enable translated conversations.
The procedure to follow is as follows:
- Head toward Chats Y right click on the contact.
- Sign in in View profile.
- Select Send translation request, so that the Translated conversations.
- The other contact will receive a notification in which it is indicated that the conversation will use Skype Translator. Click on To accept to continue. At this point, it should be clarified that both must have the latest version of Skype
- After what accept your invitation, both Skype calls and instant messages will be translated to the language of your choice.
- During these types of conversations, Skype displays messages as it translates them. However, you also have the option of Show original message.
One thing you should know is that the translated conversation remains available in the recent chat with that person. That means you can have access to it whenever you want. But if you want start a new translated conversation with someone else, you have to enable Translated Conversations from that other contact’s profile.
For its part, for those who wish to have a translated audio or video call, they must click on the audio or video button of the conversation. Your voice will be translated and the translation will be shown as a subtitle in the window corresponding to call.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉