If you want to know how activate YouTube parental control To protect your children from content intended for people over 18 years of age, you will have to know how this function works and what it is for.
You can find this information in the paragraphs that we will show you in this article. In addition, you can read about the importance of activating this configuration mode in minors.
On the other hand, We will teach you the step by step to activate and configure elements that YouTube parental control has. If you want your child to be safe, pay attention to this post.
What is YouTube parental control and what is it for?
Parental control is a feature that offers Youtube parents to have a setting enabled that allows parents to children cannot access content intended for people over 18 years of age. In this way, whenever the minors want watch a video inappropriate for their age will not be able to access it, due to the blockage generated by the YouTube tool.
There are different ways to exercise parental control. Parents can block content for people over 18 years old. But They will also be able to configure settings that allow videos not to contain elements that are related to inappropriate topics, even if your qualification is under 18 years old. You can also modify settings so that the search only show suitable results for children.
Why is it important to activate YouTube parental controls?
It is important to activate parental control because in this way access to videos that may contain adult language, violence and scenes of erotic content is blocked. You must not forget that Youtube Filters the streaming that users upload according to the configuration and identification that they offer when they are placed on the platform.
In turn, every time turn on parental control minors will not be able to access links or pages that may be suggestive of committing crimes or any other act that causes them harm.
Learn step by step how to activate and configure YouTube parental control
To activate and configure YouTube parental control you will have to perform these steps:
How to block content
To block content follow this guide:
- Go to the icon Blocking located in the lower right corner of the application, which is represented by a padlock.
- Then, solve an arithmetic problem or enter your password. This is to verify that you really are an older person.
- Choose the option Parental control and activate it.
You will be able to configure the content if previously you set up a profile for your child. For this, you will have to log in with your account Google Y select your child’s experience level. Which will go until 4 years, until 7, until 12 and, finally, until 18.
When you are done you will have to follow these steps:
- Login to Setting.
- Choose your child’s profile and then enter the password you created to access parental control.
- Then select one of these options: Preschoolers, Toddlers, Older Children, or Personally Approve Content.
- When you have finished you will have to click on save.
Only approved content
To configure approved content you will have to do this process:
- Enter the option Blocking and then write the login password to Youtube.
- Go to the tool Setting and tap on it. You will have to write your child’s profile and your access password.
- Then look for the option Only approved content and click on the same.
- Click on Start.
- Choose a video or channel whose content you want to approve for your child. When you find what you need, you will have to click on the icon Add, represented by a sign +.
- Click on Ready to finish the task.
In case you want disable content search Since you do not want your child to be able to search for videos, you will have to go to Setting and select the option Searches.
Clear search and play history
Select Menu and then continue like this:
- Go to Setting and look for the option History and privacy.
- Click on the option Clear watch history and then in Clear search history.
- To finish click on To accept.
Pause search and play history
Click on your profile and follow this step by step:
- Choose Setting and click on this option.
- Choose History and privacy.
- Check the boxes Pause watch history Y Pause search history.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉