Windows 7 It was one of the versions of most popular Microsoft-designed operating system among users of all the world. The reason is that it was very comfortable to use and included a number of very interesting functions. Its launch occurred in 2009 and went on to revolutionize the world of computing.
However, many users have noticed that even though there is the possibility of creating users with administrator permissions, it is not possible to enter the administrator account as such. This is because this option is kept disabled by default.
Therefore, through this step-by-step guide we will explain everything you must do to be able to activate your administrator account in Windows 7. It is a simple process and it will only take a few minutes. Stay tuned!
What is the Windows 7 administrator account?
Basically, in Windows, an administrator account is a user account that has the power to make changes that may affect other users. In other words, through said account, a person will have the necessary options to modify the configuration of security systems, access all system files, like install new software and hardware, without limitation.
What are the main differences between an administrator account and a guest account in Windows 7?
Broadly speaking, it can be said that the administrator account offers the user access to content that a guest does not have. In consecuense, administrator accounts have a number of privileges such as:
- May delete content from other users.
- Modify settings of the account and other administrative areas.
- Install programs.
- Make changes to the accounts of other users with a lower level of privilege.
In a simple way it can be said that the standard or guest accounts are only to be able to surf the Internet, play games and use the programs. On the other hand, those of administrator are to make changes.
Steps to activate your administrator account in Windows 7 fast and easy
As we indicated previously, in Windows 7 the administrator user is disabled by default. You just have to carry out a series of very simple steps to be able to access an account of this type.
Follow the steps below:
- Get in Start / All Programs / Accessories.
- Within accessories, right click on the option “Symbol of the system”.
- Click on “Execute as an administrator”.
- When it opens, you must enter the command “Net user Administrator / active: yes” without the quotes.
- Press the button Intro and ready.
Once this is done, you can use the functions corresponding to an Administrator user. Remember to be very careful with the settings you make in Windows, because it can have negative consequences if you do it wrongly.
In case you only need to activate it for a specific purpose and then you want to deactivate it, follow the same steps but entering the command “Net user Administrator / active: no”.
Windows 7 support has ended. What are the risks of continuing to use this version of Microsoft’s OS?
Despite the fact that Windows 7 has been one of the most successful operating systems, the February 14, 2020 Microsoft decided to put an end to official support for this system. Importantly, that really standard support ended in 2015, but what is known as extended support remained.
With extended support, patches of security against errors in the system and to correct bugs in order to protect the user. However, due to their definitive cancellation, both types of support are officially in the past.
The main reason for the decision is that the entire team remains focused on offering a better service and prioritizing its most current version, Windows 10. The cancellation of Windows 7 support implies that bugs or other errors discovered in this version can no longer be repaired. This means that it will not be monitored if W7 is a secure system.
For this reason, it is best to go to the latest version that does have technical support in case of any inconvenience.
Step by step to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10
For security reasons, without a doubt the best alternative is to go directly to Windows 10. The first thing you should do is download the official Microsoft update tool, which can be found on its official website.
To do this, you need to access the official website from your Windows 7 computer. Then, you have to select the option to “Windows 10” and click on “Confirm”. Once this is done, the tool will be downloaded to your computer.
Then you have to follow the next steps:
- Download the tool installation (link below).
- Proceed to run it from your computer. Once it opens, select on “Update this equipment now” and follow the instructions that are indicated to you.
- Keep your data and files. The tool will inform you if you can keep your files or not. Similarly, it is recommended that you make a backup before proceeding with the update.
- When the update is already activated, the computer will start install the new version of Windows. You must be patient and wait, as the process can take time.
- Finally, check if you have your active license by going to the section Update and Security (Configuration / Windows Update / Activation).
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉