Windows 10 has become the latest version of the operating system from MicrosoftWith it, a large number of functions and tools have arrived in order to offer a better experience to each of the users. In this way you can find what is the function of “Airplane mode”, so many will wonder what this tool can serve in a laptop or desktop computer.
Keep in mind that the Airplane mode is a very useful function on certain occasions, especially when you are on a long trip and want to save battery on device, either on a smartphone or even on a laptop, as this will prevent the device from establishing any type of wireless network connection.
However, many users of Windows 10 They are still unaware of this possibility offered by the OS. That is why here we are going to teach you a little more What is it, what is it for and how can you use it on your computer to get the most out of it? To do this, follow in detail everything that we are going to teach you next in the post.
What is Windows 10 airplane mode and what is this operating system function for?
It is an option that with a single action will allow you cut off all kinds of communication, therefore you will not have any access to any type of network as you will to the Internet in the case of computers with Win 10. In this way, it can be considered a very useful tool in some situations where you do not want to affect anything with this type of connection, such as a WiFi connection, by Ethernet connection or via Bluetooth.
Therefore, it can be said that eliminates any type of communication of the technological device with the outside, so the user will not be able to receive any type of notification that is associated with the network. Keep in mind that when activating this function, only the connections are affected, so the rest of the activities such as accessing a program, open the music player, among others if they will work without any novelty. Since this only limits the communications that can be established in the equipment.
In this way, airplane mode can be considered as a mechanism that deactivates the incoming and outgoing connections of our laptop, smartphone or tablet and at the moment of activating it, the following connections will be canceled:
- Navigation through 3G / 4G networks and others.
- Wireless signal network.
- Connection by Ethernet cable.
- Service GPS location.
- Transmission NFC.
- Phone signal in the case of smartphones.
It should be mentioned that in the case of smartphones, at the time of Activate this option is also deactivate the sound of the equipment something that does not happen in the case of windows computers, since in this case the sound is not muted, allowing users to listen to music while working in airplane mode.
When is it convenient to activate airplane mode on my Windows 10 PC?
In this case, it is a tool that is possibly not very necessary to use, so its activation may need it sporadically, something very similar to what happens with it in mobile devices.
Where it is mostly activated when travels by plane, to sleep or when the person wants disconnect from the outside world through the device. But while it is true, in the case of The computers This changes, since a laptop is not going to be carried in the pocket like a mobile phone everywhere, and calls are not received there so that it will be ringing during a conference.
In accordance with this, here we are going to show you some of the occasions where it may be convenient to have airplane mode activated on the PC with Win 10:
- Get battery saving when working offline: With airplane mode activated the user will have the opportunity to achieve a fairly large battery saving compared to having it disabled. This is because deactivate any possible search wireless connections, which tend to spend a lot of resources on laptops and therefore increases battery consumption.
Also, if you are working offline and you don’t need to have an Internet connection, then this is your great alternative for it:
- Charge the laptop battery faster: By spending less resources clearly the loading time will be much less, this will allow you save battery charging time, something quite useful if you have little time for it.
- Block advertising: One of the most frequent problems in Windows 10 has been the advertising that is obtained through incoming messages from the Windows notification center. In addition, many websites often insert publications on your computer, so the appearance of these advertisements becomes quite tedious.
- Keep in mind that these notices usually appear when there is an Internet connection, so deactivating all this thanks to airplane mode will help you to rest from these warnings at least while you are working offline.
- Avoid being disturbed when you sleep: On some occasions for certain reasons you must leave the computer on all night or it is all afternoon, either to install a large enough program or to carry out any other type of activity on the PC which can take a long time.
Therefore, if you must carry out this type of activity, it is best to place it in airplane mode, since this will prevent any kind of notification or alarm and interrupt your sleep. Simply when you are available again you can deactivate said service and attend any notification you have there.
Learn step by step how to activate and deactivate Windows 10 airplane mode from scratch
Taking into account the importance of this function in your Windows 10 PC, here we are going to show you how you can start activate it Y disable it in an easy and fast way according to your needs.
To do this, follow in detail each of the methods that we are going to teach you below:
The process to activate airplane mode in Win 10 is very simple, for this you simply have to follow each of the following steps:
- Once you enter the window “Setting” you must select the category of “Internet and network” by one click.
- A new window will open for you here where you will find a menu on the left side of your screen, there you must select the item from “Airplane mode”.
- Once you are in the section of “Airplane mode” An option will appear where you can activate it to stop all the comunications wireless on the computer. To activate this function, all you have to do is activate the switch that appears there, that way you will be activating this function in your Windows 10 PC.
If for any reason you have activated this function on your PC and you want to deactivate it again in order to have communication with your wireless networks, then it is important that you follow each of the steps mentioned in the method above. Once you are in the section of Windows airplane mode, all you have to do to return your equipment to normal conditions is to turn off the switch that was turned on in the previous method.
In this way you will be deactivating the airplane mode of your PC and automatically your machine will re-establish a connection to your already associated wireless network. By deactivating this option, you will have access to what is wireless network Y Bluetooth connections. Therefore, in this simple way you can activate or desactivate said tool every time you need it.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉