When you have to work with graphics in a Word document, you will have the possibility to edit the styles of those images so that you can give it a professional look.
This can be done in a simple way and without wasting time. For that you will have to use the shape effects function when you select drawing tools.
While it is true that it is not a difficult task to do this type of editing, you should know all the secrets that the tool has. This will help you avoid making mistakes and can work like an expert on your Microsoft Word documents..
What are the main styles used in Word charts?
The main styles that you can use in a Word graph are:
- Shadow: you can set shadows indoors or outdoors by modifying the size, blur and transparency. You will also be able to change the color.
- Reflection: If you want the graph to be reflected, you can choose between 9 sizes so that you have a reflection of up to 8 points.
- Illuminated: If what you are looking for is to generate a light effect around the graph, you can use this tool in which you will have to choose the color, size and transparency.
- Soft edges: you can achieve a smooth effect on the edges of the graph. This will give your figure a striking finish.
- 3D format: With this option you can choose if you want an upper or lower bezel. You will also be able to choose different types of heights, change the depth and choose an outline. You will have to modify the texture and set a lighting angle.
- 3D spin: you will be able to maintain different effects by moving any of the three axes of the figure. In this way you will achieve a parallel effect, a perspective or an oblique graph.
Steps to apply a style to a graph in a Word document
The first thing you should do is select the graph and then continue with these steps:
- You will see that, when you click on the image, a function called “Drawing tools”. This means that you will be able to use many functions that you will find on the ribbon to edit the graph. Go to the tab “Format”.
- Find the group “Shape styles” and click on “Shape effects”.
- Choose the style you want according to the options we mentioned in the previous section.
- If you wish you can modify the letters using the styles tool “WordArt”.
- You can also choose a different contour from the graphic or fill in according to your convenience. For this you will have to click on the options “Shape contour” or “Form fillers”.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉