Over time, communication has become vital for the growth of companies, universities and personal relationships, and that is why companies digital platforms specifically Gmail, are part of those platforms that offer the best tools to lead an organized life.
One of the actions that keeps your email better organized are the so-called “Filters”These allow the emails that you should receive from important senders not to be mixed with others that are irrelevant.
In addition, the aforementioned filters can be very useful, because by implementing them in your messages when they must be sent they will be able to arrive directly to the inbox of your recipient, skipping the SPAM area. Here is an article where you will learn how you can establish and maintain your Gmail organized.
We show you step by step how to use Gmail’s mail filters to make a message go directly to the inbox
Most of the time, emails that come from a strange origin will go directly to our SPAM tray. However, some are important and that is why we leave you a small step by step to get them directly to your inbox.
Go for it:
At this point we show you how to create the filter that will make this effective:
- Initially have access to our Gmail account.
- In the upper area we click on the downward pointing arrow, right next to the search bar.
- We proceed to enter our search criteria of the emails that should appear.
- The next thing will be to click on “Create filter”.
- We choose the action that the filter will have, in this case “Do not mark as SPAM”.
- Finally we click on “Create filter”.
- Done this in the lower left part it will indicate us when i’m ready.
Configure email filter
To make a more specific filter we just have to follow these simple steps:
- We open our Gmail account.
- We look for the email that we are going to use and mark it with the check boxes.
- We click at the three points of “More” and we look for the option of “Filter similar messages.”
- We enter all the data specifically to create the filter criteria.
- We choose what we want to happen with the mail, in this case “Mark as no SPAM”.
- With these steps already the filter is created correctly.
Edit a mail filter
To edit it you must do the following:
- We open our account Gmail, then we click on the icon “Setting”.
- We click on “See all settings.”
- Click on “Filters and blocked addresses.”
- We look for the filter that we want to modify and choose the option of “Edit filter”.
- We edit the filter and click “Continue”.
- To finish we press “Update filter”.
Import or export filters to and from other Gmail emails
These procedures are extremely simple and useful to keep your account organized, so let’s see how to do it:
Export a filter
You can do this to filter all incoming emails:
- We open our account Gmail, we go directly to “Setting” already “See all settings.”
- We click on “Filters and blocked emails.”
- We look for the filter we want export and at the bottom of the page we will see a button “To export”, there we click.
- Following this, a window will open to save the .xml file in the folder of our preference.
Import a filter
If you want to import it, do what is shown below:
- We open our Gmail mail and we click on the “Setting” to later access “See all settings.”
- We click on “Filters and blocked addresses.”
- In the lower area we click on “Import filters.”
- We choose the filter that we want to import into our account file.xml. Which was previously downloaded from another email.
- After clicking “Open File” click on “Create filters.”
Learn step by step how to mark an email as “Urgent” so that it goes directly to the recipient’s main tray in Gmail
Many times in the inbox you can find all kinds of emails, whether subscriptions or information from social networks or others. However, Gmail has the ability to organize which emails are important and which are not.
That’s why we’ll show you how to get your urgent messages directly to the recipient’s main inbox:
The process for this operating system is easy and simple, you’ll see:
- We open our Gmail account, click on the cogwheel button and click on “All settings.”
- We click on the settings “Received.”
- In the inbox sections where it says “Without anything” we select it.
- In this way a window will open where we must choose “More options”.
- In the box we add the text and place “Important”.
- This will take us to the initial configuration where we will search “Markers of importance” and we select “Show bookmarks” and then save the changes.
- After this, we proceed to create a new email.
- In the lower right corner of the window we select the three points “More options”.
- We click on “Hashtag” to catalog our message as “Important”.
- After having selected the box we can write our email and send the message. In this way it will go directly to the recipient’s inbox.
In this system the process is a bit more complex, however, with these steps we will make it simple for you:
- Previously configured account Gmail on our Mac computer we go to the application “Mail”.
- Automatically messages start to download that we have not read from our synced emails.
- In the upper left area we will find a pen to “Write new emails.”
- We write the email attaching the files or text to finally send our email by clicking on the icon “Airplane” in the upper left.
- Remember that important messages are pre-configured on the page of Gmail as we explained earlier.
Now, if you will do it from your mobile, let’s start with the most used operating system:
- Let’s go to our Gmail application where following this we proceed to the creation of a new email, by clicking the “+” button.
- This it will open the start window to write and in the upper right corner we do click on the three dots.
- This will display several options, in which we will click on “Setting”.
- Then we choose the account from where we will send the email.
- We scroll through the menu until we find “Manage labels.”
- We choose the option previously created from the Gmail web page and click on “Important” and we synchronize it.
- We write the message and give click “Submit”.
- With these steps, already all our emails will be tagged as important, and will appear directly in the recipient’s main inbox.
Finally, if you have iOS you should know that the procedure is super easy and you will see it here:
- The first thing is to configure the settings of the “Inbox” (process explained above). This can be done from a computer in your Gmail settings.
- Now if we go to the application “Mail”.
- After this, we choose the option to send messages from Gmail.
- Immediately as the labels are already in sync we write the mail and send it.
- In this way, the messages will be labeled as “Important” and will arrive directly in the recipient’s inbox.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉