Around the great flood of pornographic content of various types available on the internet, all parents and guardians would like to remove this from computers and / or devices to raise your children in a sexually safe and healthy way. Being a totally relevant aspect, since it is estimated as one of the keys to preventing sexual abuse that in short, it has become a growing threat worldwide. There is no doubt that pornography is a significant obstacle to the lives of the little ones in the house, given that it can prevent them from enjoying a healthy and innocent childhood.
On the other hand, it may seem that there is not much you can do to protect your children in reference to this global problem. But this is not true, since today’s technology offers multiple alternatives that serve as blockers of adult content on networks. Thus helping to prevent children and young people from becoming powerful victims of lewd content on hundreds of web pages. In addition to significantly minimize the risks of minors encountering obscene material.
That is why, in this post we will show you step by step, how to block erotic content on the internet O well, restrict pornographic pages and adult content in the renowned web browser, Google. So that, when the minors of the house use the search engine, you can be completely sure that it will not generate inappropriate search results.
Steps to block porn pages and adult content on Google
There are several methods to be able to restrict the various pornographic platforms currently found on the internet. Which looks totally beneficial for safeguard the welfare of minors. Then, next we will let you know the most effective alternatives for it.
In this sense, you must bear in mind that to carry out this process, it is your responsibility set up google searches and said configuration will be subject to the account you have in this browser. Which implies some changes that will be adhered to a specific profile, and when you browse Google is With a different profile, these settings will not take effect unless you also make the appropriate changes there.
Enable safe search on Google
- Logically, the first thing you should do is access Google com Y check if you are browsing with the profile on which you want to make the adjustments. Then, go to the top right, where you will see an icon with an avatar. In said avatar, you must press and then A drop-down menu will appear in which you can include accounts or log out, in case you want to identify yourself with another.
- Later, when making the verification, on the same main page where you are, press the button “Setting”Which is located at the top right hand side. Once you do this, a menu will open where you must click on the “Search Settings”, Since this is the mechanism to be able to make changes in the search results that Google provides you.
- When you are on the screen of “Search Settings“, You will go directly to the section”Search results“Where they show you several options and you must choose the one that comes out first, that is,”SafeSearch filters” what does it mean “Safe Search Filter”. There you must click on the box next to “Enable Safe Search”To enable that function. As long as you keep it that way, the browser will hide the results it deems inappropriate.
It is important that you take into account that what Google does is remove inappropriate pages from the results you provide. But not the references to it on other web pages. For example, adult content portals may stop appearing to you but in the same way, will show other texts with news about said portal and even in some of it, there may be a link.
Use parental controls
It is also recommended to use the services of the family’s security and privacy tool, the famous “parental controls”. These allow set specific filters to restrict certain types of content that are deemed inappropriate, as is the case with adult material. Since it is an issue that can not only affect children, but older people also prefer to filter pornographic content and other types of formats that incite hatred and violence.
Thus, to get the tools that best suit the requirements of your family, look for parental control or family safety reviews. Taking into account that these mechanisms must be installed on all devices that minors use to connect to the network. Be it video game consoles, Tablets, personal laptops, computers and mobile phones. So the fewer devices you use, the easier it is to monitor
Here we show you how to activate parental control in Windows 10, for example:
- Press the start button and in the lower left corner of the desktop, tap the Settings icon.
- Located in that window, go to the “Accounts”From the menu that is displayed.
- Then click where it says “Family and other people”.
- With this, you must click on “Add family member”. In order to proceed to include the family member you want.
- Then a window will appear asking if you want to add a minor or an adult. As we are on the issue of protecting the little ones in the house, click on “Add a minor“, Enter your email address and select”Next”.
- In case the child does not have his own Microsoft email address, create it by clicking on “The person I want to add does not have an email address”. In order to create an account for you, entering your date of birth and the password provided.
In this way already you can be sure of what your child does while surfing the Internet.
Review browser history
Another of the most exact recommendations to restrict access by your children to pornographic content is periodically reviewing your browsing history. For this you can rely on a series of characteristic phrases that young people currently use to search for this type of material online, an example of which is: “Birth“,”Breastfeeding“And some quick filter slang you can’t detect, like”walking the dog”Which is a specific term to refer to sexual issues.
Indeed, if you notice some of these phrases or similar to them in your children’s browsing history (on any device), it is a clear symptom of access to pornographic material. So in this way, you can know which xxx sites you should restrict and since then, become banned pages through the options that we provide you previously.
Best tools and blockers for adult content
To restrict obscene content on your computer, it is also advisable to use free porn blockers. Here are the most recognized:
K9 Web Protection
Is considered the best erotic material blocker on the internet. Besides being a freeware to restrict pornography, it is also capable of block more than 70 categories from other websites that are inappropriate. Be it violent games, racism, hate, drugs, malware, identity theft, etc.
Among its key characteristics, it is important to highlight that allows you to customize the lists of web pages that you would like to allow or disable. A blocked website can be overridden with just one password and has a built-in optimized anti-tampering function that makes it unbreakable.
It has been one of the porn restriction platforms most used at all times. It is one of the safest and most reliable brands, when it comes to protecting the well-being of people through the Internet. Norton Family has an administrator access for fully effective monitoring that allows you customize its functions. One of its most valuable advantages is that you have the option to configure automatic emails to provide weekly or monthly reports.
This software has been a successful alternative to many paid porn blockers today. Pic Block is totally free in its own league, because it works especially by filtering the pornography images when the little ones of the each surf the Internet.
Among its advantages it is good to distinguish that uses its own easy recognition algorithms to differentiate between safe content and obscene material. In addition, it works in all browsers and is independent of them. Also prevent your children from using profanity online by recognizing “mature language” (even swearing).
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉