Instagram has been taking much more strength over time, it has become one of the social network with the most registered and used users worldwide. It has a high percentage of celebrities who make use of it, thus increasing its popularity. However, as any social network allows you to have your own privacy.
And it is that privacy has become one of the most delicate issues in the day to day and even more so in social networks where photographs of users are published directly. Instagram allows you to set two privacy options, the first one is to put your account in private mode so that only your friends can see your publications and the second is block a specific contact, that is, if you do not want to privatize your entire account, but you do not want a specific person to review your profile, you can use the blocking option, this can also be used to block a friend either for some personal reason or simply because you no longer want him to follow you.
This is a tool that is used very frequently on the platform, but not all users know how to carry it out, that is why here we will teach you step by step how to achieve it.
Steps to block and unblock a follower from my Instagram account
It is important to know that at the time of block an Instagram user that person will automatically stop following you and in the same way if you follow him. There are many reasons why a person can be blocked on the platform, either due to harassment, personal problems, ignorance of that user, suspicions, among many others.
But just as it is possible to block it, you can also unlock them anytime you want, both options can be done very easily and quickly. In such a way that here we will teach you step by step how to carry out both tools in your accountThis way you can have a little more privacy and not share your publications with people you do not want.
Whatever the reason you want block another user of the platform You can do it in a very simple way, keep in mind that after that moment that person will no longer follow you, will not be able to locate you in any way within the social network, or send you any type of message.
If you want to restrict a user from your account, you will only have to follow these steps:
These steps can be used both for the application that are available for the Android, Windows and iOS phones, as well as for the web browser.
- The first thing you have to do is open the application icon.
- Then you go to “Seeker” of the platform and you are going to write the name of the user whom you want to block. You can also touch the name of the person either from your contacts or anywhere within the platform.
- Once you are inside the user profile you’re going to click on it menu button which is at the top right of your screen and has three points.
- Then a menu will appear with several available options, you will choose “To block”
- Finally, you will see a warning where you must press “Continue“for the process to be carried out successfully.
It is very possible that at some point in your life you want unblock a person from your accountEither because things with that person have improved or you simply want to leave everything behind and continue with your life without grudges. If you want to do this, you will be able to do it as quickly and easily as blocking a user.
To unblock a person in your account, you just have to follow the steps that we will explain below:
- To start you must enter from your mobile to the icon of the Instagram app.
- Once inside it, you go to your profile and you will select the menu option located at the top right of your screen with three stripes.
- Then a menu will be displayed where you will choose “Setting”.
- Now you have to scroll down until the option to “Accounts blocked.”
- Once inside the option you will look for the contact you have blocked and click on it.
- You will be sent back to that person’s profile, now you just have to click on “To unlock”And finally in “Continue”.
How to know if someone has blocked me on Instagram? Can I still see your photos?
Instagram is a social network that like Twitter does not let you know if a person has blocked you. However, there are different tricks that can be done in order to conclude whether or not you have been blocked by that person.
If you suspect that you have been blocked by one of your contacts, you can go to the platform’s search engine and write your name or usernameIf nothing appears, this may be a clear sign that you have been blocked by that person.
If you still have doubts and want to try this in another way, what you can do is look for some written message from that person, or a direct message if one of you wrote to her and click on his photo to see his profile, If your profile comes out without publications and as if that person would not exist, you have locked in your contact list.
Another way to check this is by trying to login from another Instagram profile and looking for the username from the “Seeker”. There you can see if that person has publications or has simply deleted their profile.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉