Internet users generally think that the only way to block access to certain web pages it is through different antivirus programs that these security systems are integrated. However, if you use the famous browser Mozilla Firefox, you can carry out the same operation without the need for the intervention of one of those antivirus. And is that a large number of people, mostly parents, decide to block those web pages that have malicious content or are simply not suitable for your children, in reference to porn sites, online games, social networks and other unwanted environments.
In this way, they manage to prevent the minors of the house or some people, do not have access to certain content or web pages that ultimately do not contribute anything positive to their lives. It is important to note that Firefox, compared to Google Chrome, Internet Explore, and Apple Safari; it is the only one that has the option to block websites. Which makes it more manageable and of course, advantageous for this type of action on computers. Also taking into account that it does so from totally free methods.
Indeed, through this post we will teach you how to prevent a person from accessing a specific web platform through this browser on the computer of your choice. Highlighting the most recognized and simple procedures to execute, to confirm your comfort and thus perfectly meet your requirement.
Steps to block or unblock a web page in your Firefox browser
Below the most common and effective practices to block or unblock a website in the Mozilla Firefox browser.
Using BlockSite on Windows
It is known that the simplest method to perform this operation is by using a free add-on identified as “BlockSite”. It is an extension that blocks web pages once they have been included in your “blacklist”. In addition, it is possible to configure it to disable links from blocked sites, so they are displayed as non-functional instead of clickable hyperlinks.
As if that were not enough, this tool also includes a “password protection”That protects and prevents unwanted changes. Now we introduce you how to run it on your Windows computer.
- Open the recognized browser, clicking on the app icon that we show you here.
- Go to the menu “Tools”Which is located in the upper part on the left side of the window and click there. Once this drop-down menu opens, select the section “Accessories”Which is what allows you to block a web page.
- Once you access this window, select the option “Find more plugins”.
- In the search field, enter the name of the plugin that will provide you with web page locks. In this case it would be “BlockSite”. So, click on “Search for”.
- After selecting the plugin in the list of results, press the section “Add to Firefox”So that the browser installs it and restarts itself.
- Thus, it will show you a notice where you must grant a kind of permission to be able to add BlockSite to browser. Just click on the option “Add”.
- In this way, you will have BlockSite installed and you just have to click on “Agree” what does it mean “To accept“, In order to start the complement.
- We add the social network Facebook to exemplify and you will see how it is located in the “blacklist”From BlockSite.
It is important to note that this option It is also valid for Android phones. You just have to download it from Google Play, install it and run it.
Through Microsoft parental control
It is another of the most advantageous methods to block web platforms or filter content in Mozilla Firefox, which may be inappropriate for children or harmless to computer users.
This method works through the parental controls on your computer by Firefox, which later, is configured mode Preference: Safe. What it achieves automatically activate the security function on each web page visited by the child or the person who should not see the content found there. But all this is possible only if you have the active parental controls on your device.
In addition to this, the function can only be deactivated by means of a parental settings protected by a password in your operating system. That is, no one will be able to deactivate this function through the browser if they do not have the password.
If you want to know how to activate parental controls on your device, here we help you with the following instructions:
- You must bear in mind that if you had previously configured the family characteristics for a minor’s account and later updated the equipment, your child you must log in again with an account on that computer to proceed to add it to your family’s account in microsoft.com/family. This can help you protect minors while they are surfing the net and also instill confidence.
- After you have logged in, choose the menu Start> Settings.
- Next we select the option of “Accounts”.
- After choose your account. In case you are not currently logged in with a Microsoft account, press “Sign in with a Microsoft account instead”And enter your email address. Now if there is already an email associated with your account, just write it down. This you will use to include your account to your family in microsoft.com/family.
- To add your child’s Microsoft account to the family, you must sign in to microsoft.com/family.
- Go to “Select a child to view or edit their settings“And select”Add”.
- Copy the email address used by the minor to open the session and select “Send invitation”.
- Once you accept the invitation from your email, will be added to the family. That way, you can configure restrictions what you want. Be it web pages, appropriate games for their age and the applications you indicate. Like defining screen time limits and until you see your activity in real time. The best thing is that all this will apply to the different devices where the child logs in.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉