If you are a fan of online video game broadcasts this article is ideal for you. We will show you in a simple way How to stream live on Facebook Live from a PlayStation or Xbox console.
We will also show you the elements that you should take into account when broadcasting on FB Live. In addition, we will teach you the step by step to broadcast live from a PlayStation or Xbox console.
If you want to become a true influencer in online broadcasts we will tell you how to link the live of a video game tournament or event on your Facebook Live. Let’s get started.
What to keep in mind when streaming from a console on FB Live?
Can share your video game games on Facebook Live in real time is a new feature that not many users know about. Whether you are looking to monetize or just have fun with your friends you should have a few clear points. Some require external devices to improve resolution (capturers) other teams do not. On the other hand, if you want to make adjustments, view your profile or view games from your mobile, you must download the app Facebook Gaming from an official store.
Another important point to keep in mind is that for this type of streaming, you must create a Facebook page. That is, your personal account is not enough so you have to create a page associated with your profile. This will give you the advantage that any user will be able to see the contents, be it tournaments or live individual games. Finally, you should keep in mind that the limit of transmission hours is 8 hours, either on the mobile or computer.
Learn step by step how to broadcast live from a PlayStation or Xbox console on Facebook Live
Features like FB Live and Gaming are opening the doors for the world of video games be more and more connected. This is a reality not only for mobile games but also for console games. For this reason, it is convenient that you know how to broadcast your best games live from a PlayStation or an Xbox.
Follow the step by step to stream live from your console through Facebook Live:
Login to FB Gaming
The first thing you will have to do is download the app from the Google Play Store or from the App Store, depending on the operating system you have (if you want to manage the settings from your mobile).
Then continue with these steps, which will be useful for your computer and for your smartphone:
- To enter FB Gaming you must choose the “Main menu and then press on Show more.
- After this, you need to select “Games Videos“And then you will have to click on”Start Streaming”.
- This will open the platform Facebook Studio Creator.
- In this section you can select the page from which you will transmit.
Remember that you necessarily need a page. If you do not have it, you can create it at the same time or beforehand, so when you do it it is advisable to place the category “Game Video Creator”. There other players, spectators or any user of the social network will be able to see the tournaments and plays live.
Use a streaming program
The next step is configure external software for streaming. You will have to download and install between some options such as OBS, Streamlabs or XSplit, among others. Some of these third-party programs are paid and some are free. Regardless of the option you choose, then you will have to make the subsequent configurations to adapt them to your needs.
Buy a video recorder
Depending on the console, you may need hardware called video grabber. Such a device is responsible for capturing analog audio and video signals from the console and transform them into digital signals. Thus the information can be sent to the computer as video files. Above all, it will serve to improve the quality of your transmission. With select Xbox consoles you will not need to use a capturer.
Also, these include features to help supplement streaming. They will allow you to obtain improvements in the resolution and increase the capacity of independent work of your PC, among other useful qualities. You must not forget that console resources for streaming are still very limited. Before buying these capturers, check your budget, compatibility with the platforms, brand and connectivity.
Connect the capturer
Now that already you have your captor It’s time to install it with the PC and with the console.
To do it correctly, follow these steps:
- Check which is the input and output port of the captor.
- Connect the input port to the console using a HDMI cable.
- After this you’re going to have to connect the output port to the computer where you will stream.
- The latter too you will do it with a cable that can be USB, HDMI or PCIE depending on the model of your computer.
Install the software
What you should do now is download the capturer drivers for the operating system to work and coordinate internal processes.
The step by step you will have to do is:
- Download and install the video capture software on the computer or laptop. This can be done through a disk that the hardware can bring, or from the manufacturer’s official website.
- Once you have downloaded the controller, what you will have to do is enter the configuration panel of the capturer. From this section you can modify settings audio, microphone and video quality, among other aspects.
- Then you should open the specific streaming program OBS, Streamlabs, XSplit or whatever you have chosen.
- In this streaming software you have to add the capturer as the main device. When you finish you will be ready to start streaming to Facebook Live like a true gaming pro.
You should not forget that depending on the third-party streaming program you choose you will have to adjust certain characteristics. For example, the upload speed, the resolution, sources, where to publish or the audio and video devices. In addition, you will have to create a scene, which you can do from the same software in a simple way.
As we told you before, Facebook Gaming is a platform that is aimed at making and watching streaming video games. But this is not all you can do with this social network tool, you can also create events, invite participants, configure classifications, modify classification keys and more.
But there is more, you can link an ongoing tournament with a live stream what you are doing. On the other hand, from the right screen chat you can interact with other viewers or with gamers. Now learn how to connect the stream with an event in real time.
The steps you will have to do are:
Go to the Creator Studio panel
To achieve this, you will have to do the following guide:
- Sign in on “Menu”, then click on the option “Game videos”, then choose the tool “Start transmission” and finally click on “Creative tools”.
- The steps above will open the Live Streams panel so that from this section you can access the settings.
- Select column “Last Stream”.
- Then choose “To transmit”. This action will open Live Producer.
Add stream details in Live Produce
What you will have to do now is customize the details of your live content, for this you will have to do the following:
- In Live Producer you will have to put the details of the live stream. For example, you will need to select whether to broadcast with a Stream key, camera or paired encoder.
- In addition, you must place what refers to the description, title and subject of the video game, among others.
- After configuration go to the left sidebar and click on the option “Video game”. This will allow you tag the tournament you are organizing.
However, if what you want is to unlink the tournament from the live stream, just choose the tab “Videos”. On the main page of the tournament you will be able to see the featured stream automatically. With these tricks seen you are ready to take full advantage of the benefits of Facebook Live and Gaming.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉