Naps looking for information to learn to surf the Internet from your computer W7 and make the most of the web, you should not miss this article! You will find, in detail, how to install a browser and open a page.
But this is not all, We will also explain to you which are the essential websites that you should know to have an excellent experience in social networks, streaming portals and the best search engines.
We invite you to continue reading until the end because you can also read the tips to surf the Internet safely from your Windows 7 PC. Take a look.
Learn step by step how to surf the Internet from Windows 7 and enjoy the World Wide Web
Most important of all, you should know that you will not break any element of the operating system nor any hardware that you have installed every time you want to surf the Internet and make a mistake. For this reason you must be calm and make the most of the tips that we will give you so that you can enjoy the World Wide Web.
Let’s get started:
Install a browser
The browser is a program that is installed on your computer so that you can connect to the Internet and in this way you can access any website. Therefore, the first thing you should do is install a trustworthy browser.
Currently there are different browsers that you can download, but the most important are:
- Google Chrome, which is used by the vast majority of users. Go to the URL https://www.google.com/intl/es-419/chrome/ and download it for free.
- Firefox from Mozilla, considered one of the best browsers in terms of security.
- Thunderbird (also from Mozilla), which offers an encryption system to send encrypted emails.
Brave, is one of the fastest open source browsers you can find. It has an ad blocker that will help you avoid advertising. You will have to enter the page
https://brave.com/es/download/to lower it.
- OperaIt also has an ad blocker and has tools that protect privacy to a great extent.
- Tor, is used to protect the identity of the user due to the layering system that it offers in its operation. To download this browser you will have to write in the URL
Once you know which are the best browsers you should choose the one you like the most and then follow these steps that we will tell you below so you can install it without making mistakes.
The step by step is as follows:
- Windows 7 bring as default browser Internet explorer, which is represented by a letter blue lowercase e. In case the operating system has been updated, you will likely find Microsoft Edge instead. Look for either of these two alternatives and open the application.
- The above step will cause a window to open in which you will find a space to write at the top. This is called URL address bar, which is used to enter the names of the pages you want to access. In this case it will be a browser.
- Write the URL of the browser you have chosen, according to the addresses you found in each description.
- Click on the Download button or Download that you will find on the official page of the browser.
- Wait a few seconds and an installation wizard will be activated. This tool will help you choose the options you want to apply, so you must click on Next every time you want to move on to another choice.
Do not forget pressing you want to have the browser you chose as predetermined.
To open a web page you will need to know the address of it, which is really complicated because there are millions of websites all over the internet. For this reason it is convenient to use a search engine (which we will explain later) from the browser you just installed, which will help you find the best results that adapt to the words you entered. For this you will have to open the browser and then type in search bar the keywords it should contain.
For example, you will have to write Internet Step by Step and then press on the magnifying glass or on the button Search for. After a few milliseconds you will see a list with the best options, choose any of them to enter a website. In this case, if we continue with the example, you will click on the first result and access our page whose URL it is
https://www.internetpasoapaso.com, which you will see at the top of the screen.
Another way you have to enter a town site is to directly type the keywords in the address bar. This will run the default search engine directly and show you the results. In case you know the exact address Url of the website you must write it in the url bar and press the key Enter. In this way you will access without the search engine intervening.
The essential websites that you should know to have a better Internet experience
So you have a best internet experience you need to know some sites that you will help you make the most of the World Wide Web.
Google and other search engines
Search engines are web pages that are responsible for collecting all the pages that are on the Internet and then shows them in an ordered list with all the results that are adapted according to with the keywords that you entered in its search bar.
Like browsers, there is a great variety of search engines that you can use, so we will show you below the most used ones on the Internet:
- Google, is the search engine par excellence. More than 92% of the searches carried out on the entire Internet are done through this program. It has different tools that will allow you to filter searches to find the best results. In addition, it is compatible with mobile devices.
- Bing, is the second most important search engine. This search engine is related by default to Microsoft products, so every time you want to do a search in Word, for example, this search engine will open.
- Yahoo!, it is also a search engine used by some users. Although it had its success in the 90’s, it has lost its leadership with Google.
- DuckDuckGo, is characterized by not tracking user information. So it becomes a search engine widely used by those who value their privacy when browsing. You can enter through the URL
- Qwant, every time you use this browser you will be sure that cookies will not be installed on your computer. In this way, you will avoid tracking your activities by third parties and by companies interested in offering you advertising. To access this search engine you must write
When You want to access social networks, you must keep in mind that you will have to write your username and password after entering the URL that we will show you next. In case you have not registered yet, you must do so through an email and choosing a password to access any social network.
The main social networks you can enter are:
- Instagram Web, to enjoy the social network of short videos and 24-hour stories.
- Twitter, you will be able to log in to this famous social network.
- TikTok, access this fashionable social network.
- LinkedIn, the social network for professionals and job opportunities.
- Facebook, you are going to connect with your friends.
In case you want to access instant messaging, also considered social networks by some, you will need to pay attention to these pages:
- WhatsApp Web, you must scan the QR code that will appear on the screen once you log in.
- Telegram, to have your Windows 7 screen is messaging.
- Snapchat, you can enjoy this social network from its website.
If you are one of the people who likes to enjoy streaming content, you cannot miss these web pages:
- Youtube, considered the second search engine on the entire Internet and the main video portal.
- Twitch, for video game fans this portal is perfect.
- Netflix, one of the most complete and leading platforms in the world in terms of series and movies.
- Sky, you will have all the videos you want in the highest quality.
- Disney Plus, access and enjoy the funniest content.
- Kodi, one of the best portals to watch TV.
Tips to surf the Internet safely from your Windows 7 PC
At the beginning of this article we told you that you should stay calm because you will not break anything if you are wrong when you want to surf the Internet. Although this is true, since you will not cause any physical damage to your computer, you must be careful not to make other kinds of errors, especially you will have to avoid the installation of viruses and be spied on by third parties without your knowing. Thus, when you are on the Internet you must protect your identity and your private data so that no one can access them.
We will show you below some tips that you should keep in mind:
Install an antivirus
Installing a program malware detection It will allow you to be calm when you surf the Internet. This is because the software analyzes in real time all the threats to which you may be exposed. For example, if you want to download a program in a malicious file, the antivirus will automatically warn you of this situation.
Always browse secure pages
Something that you should keep in mind and that we have not mentioned so far, is that the URLs we show you start with HTTPS. This is a security protocol that prevents the data that travels between your computer and the Hosting where the web page you want to enter is hosted from being intercepted by third parties. So you should avoid all pages that start with HTTP. You should also not fall into phishing activities.
This is a technique that intruders use to disguise their own website in a trusted one, for example that of a bank. They create images in the graphical interface very similar to the original websites, but its url is different. They do this so that people believe that they are browsing an official page and enter your private data (such as usernames, passwords, credit card numbers and bank accounts, among other things), which are stolen for financial gain.
Keep all programs updated
When you update the software on your computer, what you are doing is improving security, since the new version has tools for new viruses and malware that were recently detected. Many people they believe that the update should only occur in the operating system, but this is not the case, since you not only have to update Windows but also the browser and any program you use frequently.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉