It is no secret to anyone that Microsoft Word is one of the most recognized word processors in the world and has even been listed as the main tool for easily create, edit, personalize and manage digital writing.
This, especially, because it is a very well-equipped program to perform these tasks, because thanks to all the versions it has had over time, nowadays it exhibits notable improvements. Which means that it allows get professional results.
Thus, one of the most used elements in Word, consist of tables that facilitate the presentation of certain content. However, many users have doubts regarding what cell margins are and, that is why, here we will explain What are they about and how can you configure them?.
What is the difference between cell margins in Word and normal margins?
Before detailing each and every one of the steps that have to be carried out to configure cell margins in Word like a professional, it is essential to know what is the difference between these borders and the normal margins of text documents. Since, many users tend to confuse one type of margin with the other and, consequently, such configuration is completely complicated.
In this sense, we begin by defining what are the normal margins of a sheet about. Thus, we specify that, are those blank spaces that can be observed between the edges of the paper and the printed area. Therefore, in this case, there are the upper, lower, right and left margins.
On the other hand, the margins of a cell refer to those cell boundaries and the space between them, so it is a function that allows you to customize these strokes. Taking into account that, a cell is defined as the element of a table that serves to introduce and organize the exposed data.
Steps to set cell margins for your Word documents like an expert
As we indicated in the previous part, specifically, cell margins have the function of customize the appearance of each cell and the borders that exist between each of them. So, it is considered an essential tool to edit and adjust the tables of a writing in Word to your liking.
That is why it is, it is valuable to know the procedure to be carried out to easily configure these margins and as an expert in this Microsoft program.
Here are the steps to follow:
- To start, you have to find and access the Word document that you need to customize in this way.
- After that, proceed to create your table in any part of the text you choose. To do this, go to the ribbon, click on the “Insert” tab and in the Tables group, make or draw the table you want.
- Once the above is done, automatically, the Table tools at the top of the window and in the tabs displayed alongside that function, click on “Presentation”.
- Next, among all the groups there are, go to the one that says “Alienation” and select the option “Cell margins”.
- Now, they will show you a small box on the screen with various options to configure, according to your requirements. Here we present what they are:
- The first of these refers to the default cell margins and there, you can specify the number of centimeters that you need each square of the table to have, both upper and lower, as well as right and left.
- You can too set a space between each of those cells and when activating the option, you must specify it in centimeters.
- If you prefer that the size of your table cells fits the size of the entered text, you can also set it with the last option in the box.
- To save the changes made and keep those settings, just click “OK” and ready.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉