Versatility is one of the most outstanding characteristics that it has Word tables. This is because you can incorporate a wide variety of formats and apply predefined designs.
But in this case we will not deal with those tools, but rather we will talk about the possibility of being able to modify the size of a cell quickly and easily.
If you want to know what is the correct procedure to do this task, We recommend that you continue reading this article to the end. Since we will show you the step by step of this tool for Word tables.
What to consider before increasing or reducing the size of a cell in Word?
When you need to increase or decrease the size of a cell in Microsoft Word you should consider that the text will automatically adjust to the new size. That is, this tool will be able to modify the height of the rest of the rows to which the edited cell belongs.
As with the text in the cell you modify, the same will happen with the data or images already incorporated in the adjacent cells. So you should be careful if you had a preset layout format. You must bear in mind that, if you have an image in any cell and modify others, the size of the cell that includes the image will decrease to a certain point, since the size of the element you have inserted will not be reduced.
If you expand the size of the cells adjacent to the margins of the sheets this will cause change the printing area. So you must be careful and provide these margins again since it will not appear in the printer configuration.
The moment you modify a cell the size of the entire column to which the cell belongs will vary. The same happens when you change the size of the cell horizontally, so that the entire row of which it is part is changed.
Steps to resize a cell in Microsoft Word fast and easy
The steps that you will have to carry out in order to Modify the size of a cell are the following:
- The first thing you should do is create a table. For this you will have to go to the menu “Insert”, then find the function group “Boards” and click on “Table”.
- Next, you will have to choose the number of cells you want to have in the table distributed by columns and rows.
- Enter the data you need in the table. This is not an essential requirement, but it is advisable to do this task now so that when you change the size of the cell you can see how the rest of the box is modified.
- Click on the cell you want to resize.
- With the mouse, head to the boundary of that cell until you see the pointer sent by two parallel lines with 2 opposite arrows.
- Move the mouse without releasing the left button until you find the size you want.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉