Gmail is one of the fastest growing email services in the world. Well, it helps to keep users safe, allows you to customize the experience, work without an internet connection, etc.
One of the most useful settings it provides consists of modifying the language of your interface. Either, so that people can practice a certain language or simply because when they created it the platform was on one that they are not familiar with.
The procedure to follow to make this change, it’s completely quick and easy. Next, we will teach each step to follow from the mobile app and through its web version from the computer. Like, how does this influence Gmail.
Learn step by step how to change the language of Gmail from all devices easily
If you want manage your Gmail account in a different language than the one you currently have, don’t worry because it is very easy to make this change through any device.
Here, each of the procedures to follow:
On Android and iOS
In case you choose to use your email account through the Gmail mobile app compatible with Android and iOS, you have to know each of the steps to follow to make the language change correctly.
Here, we explain how:
- From your smartphone, tablet or iPad, Find and open the Gmail mobile app to log into your account.
- Go to the upper left corner and press the three horizontal lines icon.
- In the list of options, select “Settings”.
- Proceed to choose “Manage your Google Account” in section Accounts that is observed in General configuration.
- Click on “Privacy and personalization” in the section of Homepage.
- At the bottom look for General preferences for the web and there, click on “Language”.
- In the part of Preferred language, press the pencil icon and select the language you want to use from now on.
- If you want, you can also save or add other languages at the bottom.
In the computer
If you prefer to manage your Gmail account using your trusted web browser through your computer, you have to do the following when modifying the interface jargon:
- Access your preferred web browser, search for the website of Gmail Y open your account.
- On the main page, click on the gear wheel which is located in the upper right part.
- Select the button “See all settings” in the Quick Settings section.
- From the General section, locate the Language part and in the drop-down menu, choose the Gmail display language.
- Finally, head to the bottom and click on “Save changes”.
What are all the available languages that I can set on the Gmail platform?
Due to its notable expansion in the world, the Gmail allows the use of many languages to use the email service.
Next, the corresponding list:
- Simplified Chinese)
- Traditional Chinese)
- Haitian Creole
- Nyanja (chichewa)
- Hates (oriya)
- Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil)
- Scottish gaelic
- Tagalog (Filipino)
How does the Gmail language influence the emails I receive? Will they all be in that language?
Once you change the language of Gmail, this will only affect the interface of the Google email service. Which means that, the available sections and the messages provided by the application, will be the ones shown in the selected language. However, the emails received will be kept in their original language.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉