Every day the technological world offers tools that make your browsing more practical, This is thanks to the fact that today it is possible to change the original language of the web content you are visiting. With this, you will no longer have problems when searching for websites in other languages, since before these were discarded for not knowing the language, but this is no longer an impediment.
To make it easier for you to navigate from the start, there is a tool integrated into the Google Chrome search engine, that with just one click and a simple configuration you can adjust the language and change it to the one you need. All this without having to resort to auxiliary translators, but this content is translated automatically.
In case the web content we are looking for is in another language that we do not know, it is necessary to perform a series of simple steps that we will detail below. For this you do not need to be an expert in programming, you just have to have basic knowledge of the internet. With these procedures, you will be able to make the necessary adjustments that will make this function run instantly once the text search is found.
Steps to change the default language of Google Chrome
The versatility of the technology is wide, as well as the diversity of functions that Google Chrome offers, and that is With a simple configuration you can change the current language of your PC, computer or laptop, to the language of your preference automatically, without the need to use complementary translators.
Surely you wonder how is this done? In this part we explain it to you:
- From your computer you will access the browser “Google Chrome”.
- Then you will be located in the upper right margin where the three dots are. There you will click on “Settings”.
- This will open a popup window with other options, you will go to the end where it says “Advanced settings”.
- Tap on “Languages” and select the one you want. If this is not found, press “Add languages”.
- When done, click “Show Google Chrome in this language”.
- Right there click on “Restart” for it to apply the new settings.
- When you open a web page with the language selected in the above settings, the Google translate translation window will not appear, as translation is no longer necessary, if it is already configured to be translated. You can still activate it in the next step.
- Click on the three dots and select the box “Offer the translation of pages in this language”, and voila, you have it activated.
How to activate automatic translation in Google Chrome?
First, this function will allow you to have control of translating web content in the language of your choice, and automatically when making changes in the tools menu offered by the Google Chrome browser. Note that you can enable and disable this whenever you want.
For example, if we are opening a page in English or another language in the Google search engine and you want to translate it, we activate this resource and it automatically translates its content. If, on the contrary, we open a page in English or other languages and We do not want the translator to be enabled and the browser not to translate the page, then you will deactivate the option.
Below we will describe the simple and concrete steps necessary to carry out the activation of this resource. Notably this is a tool that will save you headaches and will become your ally in terms of applying translation alternatives in different contexts is concerned. Let’s get started!
- Open the browser “Google Chrome”, then click in the upper right corner and you are located in the three dots.
- Tap on “Setting” and search “Advanced settings” followed by option “Language”.
- Click on the down arrow, this will pop up some options and enable the option to “Ask if you want to translate web pages that are not written in a language you understand.” In this way you have this function enabled.
So, if at some point you stopped accessing a web page because you did not know the language or because you did not know that these tools existed, today you already have the solution. With this you can apply the settings and achieve a greater range in your navigation.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉