Still, many people use Windows 8 as their PC’s default operating system. Since, it is an OS that is characterized by delivering great efficiency regardless of the performance of the hardware used and, in addition, has high compatibility with external devices and is highly customizable.
In this sense, through Windows 8, each user has the necessary power to personalize your experience to the maximum. In view of the fact that a computer with this operating system shows the ability to adapt to different classes of users, without any complications. The reason why, allows modifying the keyboard language in each of the open profiles.
Thus, the fact know how to change the keyboard language, is truly essential for those users who have purchased a computer with a predefined language that is not their own, for example. As a consequence, through this post, we will teach the steps to follow to use the language you want on the keyboard of your Windows 8 computer.
What should I keep in mind when changing the language of my Windows 8 keyboard?
Fortunately, in Windows 8 It is possible to modify the keyboard language to use in menus, settings, applications and the different areas of the operating system in general. Taking into account that, it is a very easy process to specify and without having to make complicated adjustments.
Now, thanks to the fact that W8 offers the possibility of managing several user accounts from a single PC, it also facilitates the options to select different languages according to each user account. In other words, even when many people use the same computer, they will be able to choose their language with total freedom without affecting the session of other users and they will even have the advantage of add multiple languages to your user account to switch between them, whenever you prefer.
Added to this, it is also appropriate to discern that, once a person establishes a language in their account, it will be added to the appropriate writing method automatically. Therefore, it will not be necessary to make additional adjustments and, if required, also you can choose a different keyboard layout.
For its part, for more details, we highlight that, Windows 8 supports downloading and installing language packs on PC. Which, you can find them on different websites for free and once you download them on your computer, you will have to install them manually to adapt them to the screen, the keyboard and the system as a whole.
Learn step by step how to change the keyboard language on your Windows 8 computer
Having clarified all the above, it is time to explain, step by step, how you can change the keyboard language on your PC with W8, easily and quickly, without any complication.
Let’s see the steps to follow:
- To start, point the mouse cursor to the lower left corner of your computer screen and right click, proceed to select in the menu the option “Control Panel”.
- Next, in the section “Clock, languages and region”, click on “Change input methods” and with this, a new window corresponding to the Language will open.
- Next, to add a new keyboard layout, click on “Options” next to the language you want to choose.
- Now straight in the window “Language options”, press on “Add an input method”.
- After, from the Input Method windowIt is time to choose the language of the corresponding list, as well as the desired keyboard layout. Done that, click on “Add”.
- After that, click “Save” in the Language Options window when you have chosen the keyboard languages. If you want to switch between the keyboard, you just have to use the shortcut “Windows + Spacebar”, which only alters the input language.
- Additionally, if you want each application to use a specific keyboard, you can adjust it through the option “Advanced Settings” in the Language window.
- It is also recommended to activate the check box that appears next to the option “Let me set a different input method for each application window”. This, from the section “Switching between input methods”.
- Lastly, at the bottom, you just have to click on “Save” and that’s it.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉