If we make a list of the more serious social networks, most likely LinkedIn is among the top positions. Thanks to your trajectory and efficiency as a method to connect companies and people seeking employment.
Unlike other platforms where you can create fake profiles or accounts for humorous purposes, LinkedIn is far from this aspect. That is why the stored data is very important, since it is generally true.
In that sense, it is of utmost importance protect them. And what better way to do it than with an update to the login passwords. If you think it’s time to do it, we recommend this post, with which you will achieve it in an instant.
When is it necessary to change my LinkedIn password?
Without a doubt, using the same password for different platforms is quite comfortable. Similarly, not changing it means less effort when it comes to remembering the access data. Yet all of this involves a great risk to your safety. Above all, assuming that if someone discovers your password, they will have access to much of your information. Regardless of which social network we are talking about, it is best to update the access data each three or four months.
In addition to some particular cases in which the change is almost mandatory. For example, if we change equipment and sell or give away the old one. Also in case of loss or in the worst case a computer attack. We take this opportunity to recommend that you use strong passwords. That is, they contain numbers, lowercase and uppercase symbols. Where possible, avoid using personal data as a password.
Learn step by step how to change the password of your LinkedIn account
Now that you know the importance of changing your password on a regular basis, we can move on to the tutorial where you will learn to carry out this process clearly and easily.
You just have to follow these steps:
- If you find yourself in the computer, the first thing you should do is enter your data to LinkedIn.
- Then go to profile icon located at the top of the home screen.
- With the menu displayed, select “Settings and privacy”.
- Once in this section, go to “Login and security”.
- In the tab “Bill” click on “Change” which corresponds to the password.
- Login password again current income and then write the new one in the corresponding box. You must confirm it in the box below.
- You must not forget mark the box “Require all devices to log in with the new password”.
- Press “Save” to end.
In the event that you want to make this change from your mobile with Android or IOS, the operation varies a bit:
- Enter the app with your data.
- Click on your photo of profile.
- Press the icon “Setting”.
- Choose “Change Password”.
- Write the Current password, followed by new and its later confirmation.
- Active “Do you want to close all sessions?”.
- Press on “Save” to end.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉