Instagram is one of the social networks with the most users and with the highest growth in recent times. It currently has a community with more than one hundred billion active accounts.
With such a number, it is not strange to suppose that many of them want to change their name from profile or perform other modifications in your user.
It may happen that someone gets tired of the current one or that one company account has changed its membership, domain or brand. For these or any other circumstance, the platform Instagram offers its users the possibility of choose another profile name. To know how to carry out this process, you just have to read the following post.
What to keep in mind before changing your username on Instagram?
The first thing you have to pay attention to is follow the steps indicated a page would be like this. Since it can happen to you like a large number of users who fell for a joke at the end of May 2020. In which many profiles they changed their own names deceived. Looking ridiculous for weeks. An important thing to know is that Instagram does not allow rewriting the username more than twice in fourteen days.
So, if you are not convinced by first attempt, the second should be the definitive. At least for two weeks. The next thing you have to think about before doing the modification and if you still haven’t taken it into account, is that your followers may not be able to find or name you later. Since the main form of search on the page is through the Username.
If you want lessen this negative impact it is recommended that, anticipating the change, notify your friends and followers. To do this, you will need to have chosen the new username in advance. No way if it is a corporate account or commercial. A modification of these characteristics becomes drastic in these cases. To try to keep followers you will have to make a important social media campaign.
Learn step by step how to change the name of an account on Instagram
Once you have taken the necessary precautions, it is time to change our nickname on Instagram. And if up to here we have not differentiated between profile name and user name it is because we will show you how to modify both.
Let’s see below:
- Launch the application from your mobile or with the browser computer web.
- Press your main photo, press and hold if you want to switch to another profile. This will take you to the cover page account.
- Then choose the button “Edit profile”. In the case of the mobile it is located in the center of screen and covers the entire width. Instead, from the browser you will find it at right of your current name.
- Press the field that corresponds to “Username”.
- Delete the content and enter your new username. Keep in mind that it must be unique and not match that of another profile. If the requirement is met, a green circle.
- For finish and save changes, choose the icon “Check” at the top right of the mobile screen or the button “Send” from the computer.
Name of profile
Things get much simpler if you wish change the name of your profile. Since practically has no restrictions. This way you can choose any name you want regardless of whether someone else also uses it.
The method is identical to the previous. With the only difference that the field you have to modify is that of “Yam”.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉