Windows 10 is an operating system developed by Microsoft. It is the successor to version 8.1, which brought with it major interface and handling changes. Among these modifications is to link our user (of the OS) with an account of Microsoft Live (email).
When installing the system on the computer, an Outlook, Live or Hotmail account is requested. If you have decided to skip this step, there will be no major complications when changing the administrator name. If instead you have entered this data, the process will take a little longer.
Whatever the case, we often choose a misnomer. It may be because of the anxiety that the installation is as fast as possible. Any reason it is enough to change the admin name.
Steps to rename my PC administrator account
On the surface it can be a cumbersome process. But if you follow each of these steps you can change the name as many times as you want. The first method will be using the “Control Panel”:
- Press the Windows start icon. On the keyboard it is usually located between the left Crtl and Alt buttons. On the screen, it is the first one on the taskbar.
- Writes “Control”.
- Select the app from “Control Panel”.
- A window will open with different types of settings, choose “User account” and again the same button.
- Press “Change account name”.
- In the text bar write what will be the new name of the team administrator user.
- Once ready, press “Rename”.
If your Live account is not linked, the steps above will be more than enough to make the changes. If instead it is, you will not be able to do them that way and you will have to do the following. Follow the steps:
- Enter the “Control Panel” of the team.
- Go to “User account” repeatedly.
- Press “Make changes to my account in Settings”.
- Your default web browser will open. In turn, it will direct you to the configuration of your Microsoft account.
- Enter the username and password you use to log into your device.
- In the next window you must press the link “Edit name”.
- Choose your new username. To carry out these last steps you must have an Internet connection.
There is a third method of renaming. It is via run commands. They are a kind of shortcuts that are used to open system tools and other utilities. In the following steps we will see how to replace the administrator name, but the command execution tool has multiple functions.
- Press the key “Windows” on the keyboard, adding the key “R”. This will open the window “Run”.
- Writes “Netplwiz” and then “To accept”.
- A window will open in which you must select the properties of the administrator user.
- In the tab “General”, you can change the username, as well as your Microsoft account.
- When you have finished editing press “Apply” and later “To accept”.
What are the differences between common user and administrator in W10?
The categories of users in the Windows operating system differ mainly by the degree of access they have to the system settings. That is, the ability to make changes to the mother software. The standard cannot change, create or delete files from the system. These are essential for the operation of Windows and programs. (They are usually distinguished with a blue and yellow shield).
Accessing files and archives of other users is an administrator’s privilege. The rest of the accounts they can only do it with shared files. Found in the homonymous file.
Installing programs is restricted to the administrator. The regular user can do it, but they will only be available for his account. If you wish to modify this, you will need administrator permissions. This is a good way to protect our computer from viruses and other malware.
In this sense, it is important to say that, if the main account is protected by a password, the same will be requested every time a change is made from another user. The administrator has the power to add, delete or modify data from the other accounts.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉