Increase the security layer in your Discord account by activating the 2FA feature It will help you prevent any stranger from accessing your profile and knowing your data. For this reason, it is necessary that you take into account what we will show you below.
We will discuss the importance of enabling two-factor authentication on the Discord platform to keep you safe. and we will explain the guide you must follow to change your password to make it more efficient.
Do not miss anything, because we will also tell you the process you will have to do to improve security on Discord from scratch. Let’s get started.
What is 2-factor authentication and why should you turn it on in Discord?
Two-factor authentication is a security feature that Discord proposes to verify the true identity of the person who is entering with an account on the platform. This is done through two different methods, each time it is entered from a device other than the usual one.
This tool increases the security and privacy of Discord data considerably. This is because many people use the same password to enter different platforms, making it easier for intruders to deduce them. But, when activating the 2FA function, the stranger will not only have to enter the key that he already knows by deduction, but also a second method, which makes it much more difficult to access.
Learn step by step how to change your Discord password and make it more secure
Before starting, we recommend that you choose an access code using our Password generator. To do this you must enter and then press the button Generate password. In this way you will find the ideal and safest password for you.
The step by step you will have to do to change the Discord password is:
- Access the platform through the browser through the app for computers and mobiles.
- Then on the left side of the screen and select User settings. This function is represented by a gear wheel, right next to your username.
- When the menu is displayed you will have to go to the section PASSWORD AND AUTHENTICATION and press the button Change Password.
- After this a new menu will open in which you will have to write your current password and then your new password. When you finish press Clever.
Find out how to improve the security of your account by activating 2FA from scratch
If you want to benefit from Discord’s 2FA Two-Step Authentication feature, you will need to follow the guide below:
- The first thing you will have to do is enter the platform with your current username and password.
- After this, you will have to select User Settings.
- This will take you to a new window in which you will have to choose the field PASSWORD AND AUTHENTICATION.
- Once you are in this menu of tools you will have to go to TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION and then click on Enable two-factor authentication.
- In the new window you will have to type your current password and click on Continue.
From now on you will have to take a few steps outside the platform. The steps above will allow you to display a new menu, called ENABLE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION. At this stage you will have to download a program that will help you with the task.
For this you will have to follow this step by step:
- You will be able to choose Authy entering
https://authy.com/and then pressing Download. After that, you will have to follow the installation guide. If you prefer, you can choose Google Authenticator. For this you will have to enter
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1066447?hl=enand click Download Google Authenticator.
- We will continue with the example of Authy, but the steps are similar for both programs. When you finish installing the software you will have to open the executable.
- Write your phone number selecting your country first. When you finish press Next.
- Enter your email and choose the verification method, it may be by means of a text message or an email.
- Enter the 6-digit code you received, will automatically be linked to the account.
- A new window will appear, in which you will have to click on Add Account. This will lead you to have to go back to the screen ENABLE DISCORD TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION and copy the 16 digit PIN that will appear in the section KEY TO A2F (MANUAL ENTER).
- When you finish select the button Add Account.
- Choose the name of the account, in this case it will be Discord.
- Choose if you want a six, seven or eight digit password. To do this, you will have to activate one of the boxes you will find below.
- Then scroll the screen to find the platform Discord and click on it.
- Once you are ready you will have to click on Save. A code will appear on the screen that you must enter to access Discord. You must bear in mind that this PIN will change every 30 seconds.
Finally you can add a phone number to enable SMS authentication Y download security codes to avoid the risk of losing your account. You can do this once the new window that will appear at the end of the steps we mentioned is displayed.
Tips to make your Discord account more secure and private for others
To maintain a secure account at all times, it is important that you keep these tips in mind:
Choose numbers, capital letters and symbols
If you want to keep your Discord account safe, it is important that you include in your password not only a word that you remember, but you must also add symbols (#,%, $ or &, among others), numbers and letters in capital letters. This will help you prevent anyone from knowing the key just by memorizing a word, since reading with all these elements becomes difficult. Due to this it is important that you choose online tools that will help you choose the right key for you.
Don’t use the same password for everything
You need to have a different password for each platform. That is, you must use a password for social networks, another in your email clients and a different one in Discord. This will prevent anyone who has decrypted your password in an external account from being able to easily access the messaging platform in question.
Try not to choose personal data
A lot of Internet users use dates of births and anniversaries, names of movies they liked, phone numbers, names of their parents or children, and the street on which they live. All these data are related to the user; therefore, it is easy to deduce which password you use in all your accounts to access the web. For this reason, It is advisable to avoid this information so that people who know you cannot easily access Discord.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉