If you want learn how to change the username on your Twitch accountPay attention to all the information that we will show you. So it will be convenient that you continue reading until the end.
We will tell you the steps you must do to change the username without making mistakes and from scratch. This will help you to correctly modify the information on Twitch.
But before performing this task it will be necessary to take into account some prior considerations that They will help you decide whether or not to change your Twitch username. Check out.
What should I consider before changing my username on Twitch?
You must bear in mind that the username is different from the public name you use on Twitch, since it is a brief description that will allow you to use uppercase and lowercase letters. This ID cannot be different to Twitch username because it will be the one that will be displayed on your channel and on your profile page for others to see. From this it emerges that the user is the identification used on the platform to log in. This function it must always be in lower case.
It can only be modified if you have already confirmed your email on the platform and you have a subscription on Prime Gaming or Twitch Prime. If you have not done so, you will still have to enter the official Twitch page with your trusted browser or enter the URL
https://www.twitch.tv/. Then, you are going to have to go to the upper right corner and click on the notice that you will find warning. Wait a few seconds and open your email box, this will allow you to see a link that you must use to verify your account.
When you already have the email verified you will be able to change the username, but you must bear in mind that you can do this only once every two months. That is, if during the last 60 days you have modified your username You will not be able to do it until the specified date is met. Once you change your name on Twitch you should bear in mind that the streaming statistics will be lost, so the information will return to zero.
This can hurt you if you don’t have a recognized name within the Twitch community because it will be difficult for you to regain the strategic position of your personal brand. Do not worry about the income that you have been obtaining so far, since these will not be lost. On the other hand, if you regret the change you will not be able to use your old username again for 6 months because this will not be available.
Therefore, you need to be careful and pay attention before making this important decision. Don’t forget that the URL address, if you are a Streamer, it will not be able to redirect to your channel with the new username because Twitch does not perform this action. Also, if you are an affiliate or partner on Twitch, you have to know that the article name that is used in the channel URL will not be modified.
Learn step by step how to change the username of your Twitch account
Next, we will show you the step by step you must do to change the Your Twitch account username from 0 to 100. This will help you differentiate yourself from the rest of the streamers and gain more subscribers for your channel. Do not forget to consider before carrying out this process all the aspects that we previously showed you in the previous point.
The guide you will have to follow to change your username on Twitch is:
- Log in to Twitch from the browser or through the mobile application. To do this, you must write your username to which you want to modify (that is, the old one) and your access password.
- Then, go to the upper right corner on the screen and press on the photo of your profile.
- The previous step will allow a window with a menu of options is displayed, in which you will have to choose the function of the platform called Setting. This tool is represented by a cogwheel icon.
- Once you click this function you will be able to modify different aspects of your account, so you must choose the tab Profile.
- Scroll the screen down until you find the field Profile settings.
- In this section you will be able to read a form called Change your account identification data, where you will have 3 areas to complete.
- Go to the first option, Username.
- At the end of the field you will find a pencil icon, if you have a Prime account. Click on this pencil and type your new username.
- To finish, click on the button Save Changes. Remember that these steps can be done again after 60 days.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉