Currently, there are many methods and tools to achieve that large files are converted or compressed and thus reduce space on your computer. Internet users, over the years are changing and immersing themselves in the world of technology and its advances to reinvent itself every day in this technological world. It is for this reason that file compression tools exist to reduce unnecessary data.
One of these tools is the RAR format, which allows you to examine or explore a document more thoroughly. This is one of the most common for this type of procedure. Often the documents that you usually have on your computer are very heavy and therefore it is difficult to transmit them in the different media so that they are sent to their recipient. But with this format things change since you can reduce the weight of any file without losing information.
Next we will teach you how to compress and decompress a file in RAR format so that it has a lower weight. As well as the necessary steps to do it from Windows and from the WinRAR program. In turn, we show you a list of applications to compress documents in the aforementioned format quickly.
Steps to compress and decompress all kinds of RAR documents
Next we will teach you step by step how to compress and decompress all kinds of documents in the RAR format, which allows it to be done with different dimensions as are Zip, RAR, TAR and others.
From Windows 10
If one word describes Windows, it is simplification. This operating system loves to make processes easier, especially everything that has to do with data transmission. That is why compressing a document is very easy by following the steps that we explain below.
- On the home screen of your computer you should have a folder called “Desk”If not, it will be up to you to go to Start Menu which is in the lower left.
- Go to your computer in the folder called “Desk” or in the start menu. Later, you must click the right mouse button at the bottom, where the option will appear “Properties”.
- Next, you will have to press the option where it says “Advanced Properties” that will appear in the lower right part of the menu.
- After the previous steps, you have to choose the last option that tells you “Compress content to save disk space.”
- Then, you will proceed to click on the button where you will have the option that will say “To accept” and in this way you will have already compressed the files to save space on your computer’s hard drive, providing space for new documents that you want to archive.
With the WinRAR program
The WinRar program is one of the best tools for reducing files, which is extremely ideal for saving space on your computer and achieving better transmission of documents.
- The first thing you have to do is download the WinRaR format on your computer.
- Later, you will have to locate the files you want to compress to change or reduce your weight.
- Following this, you must click on the button on the files you chose, using the right mouse button.
- In this option, you will have to select where it says “Add to file” and click to access.
- In this step, a window will appear where you will have to put the name of the final file and its format.
- Finally, press “To accept” and subsequently you will have your file reduced and therefore weigh less than the previous one.
From your Android device
In this part of the article we will explain how you should zip and unzip a file in RAR but this time from your mobile device or Android, to do it in a faster way from your phone You will have to download the RAR application from the Play Store to speed up the process.
This time you will have to learn how unzip a RAR file from your mobile device as well as compressing it to eliminate all unnecessary data. Below are the steps to unzip the files you want.
- You will have the option to enter the application called “RAR” and touch the folder where the file you want to fix is located.
- Following the previous step, you will find the file and you have to leave it pressed for a few seconds.
- After holding it down for a few seconds, you will realize that A menu of different options will appear for you to choose the one you prefer and in this way decompress the file.
- In this opportunity, the files will be unzipped and they will be placed below the reduced file.
- Then you will have to choose a folder where to save the RAR file and in this way you will have finished the process.
Previously we told you how to unzip it, now we will teach you how to compress the RAR file that you prefer to choose either one or several in the following way.
- First you have to select the file you want to compress on your device with the application you own.
- Now, you must select where you want to compress the document.
- Finally, you will have to press where it says “Set password” which will be extremely necessary to do so, and voila, you will have your compressed file.
Best Online tools to compress documents in RAR
Next, we will expose you the best Online tools to compress documents in RAR and reduce their weight and thus save space. In this way you can read them in detail and use the app that you think is most convenient for you.
This program allows you to search files for compression in a practical way and it is also easy to use. Allows you to attach or choose several folders or filing cabinets to fix your documents in this application that is used from your browser for free.
CloudConvert is a fairly practical tool, but in addition to this, it will give you the option of converting all those documents you want to other formats such as zip and others that are necessary for file understanding. It has the advantage that you can use it from the internet without having to download other applications. That is why this program has become one of the most used on the web by users.
This type of tool has a very good advantage, in addition to allowing many different file formats, this is a great file compressor which you can use online.
B1 Online Archiver
With the use of this type of format, you will only have to load the file you want and it will unzip it in a simple and fast way. Also, you can use it online. When using this tool you will only have the option to upload a file to it and it will automatically start running and then you will have your file ready.
This kind of tool has the ability to upload a large number of files up to a certain limit, which in this case would be 10 files to make the necessary reduction. In this way, you can reduce the weight of your files or documents so that they do not take up so much space on your computer and It will resolve storage conflicts so that you can continue downloading the documents that you think are really important.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉