Nowadays, videos have become totally essential for society by being able to transmit information that can cover different topics of collective interest, managing to have a much more direct impact on your audience by using dynamic methods such as moving images. It is for this reason that multimedia content is essential both to have them on the computer and also to have them on mobile phones.
It is common in our day-to-day life to send all kinds of videos without even realizing that we do it with each of our contacts. These renderings in the form of multimedia clips are really enjoyed because they grab users’ attention quickly. However, the recordings tend to weigh a lot and for this reason it costs a little more to transmit it through social networks by different devices.
That is why in the article below we will explain how to compress a large tape with the different formats without losing its image, since in recent years with the arrival of the internet and its technological advances, file compressions can be performed without having to install any application on your computer. Further, We will provide you with a list of the best online programs and tools to reduce video files.
Steps to compress and reduce the size of a video so that it weighs less with the same visual quality
For users, this type of video file is very necessary, since most of the time they manage to capture their attention in a more practical way. This is why we will provide you all those steps necessary to compress and reduce its size. In this way, it will be able to weigh less when broadcasting them while preserving their visual quality.
On Windows with Windows Movie Maker
In this section we will talk about how to compress videos without losing their quality in Windows, without seeing you need to install programs on your computer, since Windows XP incorporates the “Movie Maker” system, which we will use below so that you can perform the decrease with the necessary steps to do it.
Windows Movie Maker it is a program that is included within the Windows tools. It is commonly used for video edition, but this time we will use it to understand the files you want to select to lower your weight without deteriorating your image.
- In this step, you will have to add the video clips you want to compress in Windows Movie Maker. To do this you must press the option “Import video “ on the right side of the program tab.
- Next, you must click on “To import” . There you will be able to appreciate those selected in the display window.
- Once the tapes are imported it will correspond to you drag and drop the videos to the timeline.
- After having performed the previous steps, you have to proceed to save and shrink your files. Go to the file and press the option “Save to movie files.”
- This will open a window where you will have the option to select where you’re going to save your compressed files.
- Choose the alternative of the location and click on the next choice to enter the page of “Movie Settings”.
- You must select the alternative that indicates “Other settings”, followed by video of “Broadband 150 kbps”. Which will make your file render weighing much less than it initially did and without losing practically any quality in its display.
Currently mobile or Android devices have the ability to have platforms for editing tapes and therefore to compress them. Such is the case of the program “Video compressor”, a reducer that is used online and that allows to place several files for the practical reduction of them.
- First of all, you have to download and install an app on your mobile call “Video Compressor” on your Android, you have the safe links above.
- When the app is installed on your mobile, it will ask you to select a clip you want to compress, this will be your initial file.
- Then press the button “Convert”. In the notification area, your device will show the progress of the file compression until it completes.
- By last, you will find the reduced file in the output folder of the documents, this will have the name of “VideoCompressor”.
On iOS / iPhone
Just as you can reduce a multimedia file without losing its image on your computer and on Android, you can also do it from your iOS / Iphone with various applications that you can get in the Apple Store. One of them is “Iphone video Compressor” a tool that achieves a great reduction in unnecessary data in a short time.
- The first thing you should do is download the application called “Iphone video compressor” to reduce or compress files for iOS.
- Then, you have to open the app and choose the file you want to reduce from your iPhone mobile.
- Most video compressors for iphone are used in a very similar way. In the aforementioned application, a preview screen should appear, there you will have to press “To select”.
- Now, the reducers of these files have a slider to define the compression size, choose the one of your preference.
- Finally select the option “Save” and in this way the application will start the compression process. After a few minutes it will be reduced and will not lose its quality.
For reduction on Mac, you will find an application called “Hand Brake”, its greatest quality is that manages to convert videos and images into many different types of formats. It also stipulates a series of steps so that you can do it in a simple, comfortable and practical way.
- The first thing you should do is choose a tool in this case “Hand Brake”.
- Then you have to drag or open the video you want to compress or reduce once you have the tool installed on your MacOS computer.
- After this, you must enter the tab “Audio” and at that moment you will see if there is more than one audio.
- Followed the previous steps, you can delete audio tracks. This will help you to save megabytes.
- Another of the steps that you must carry out, will be in the bar where it says “Codec”, that’s where you should choose how you want your file if in MP3, ADD or another format that appears among the options.
- Later, to fix the video image you will have to use es “H.264” because this is the one better resolution provides, plus it is compatible with almost all players.
- Then it will touch that choose the reduction of resolution. There you will have to choose between several options that appear, one of which you can place will be 1440p (2560 × 1440).
- As the last step and not least, you have to click on the part where it will tell you “Start” in this step you will have to wait for the video to convert and later you will have it reduced.
List of the best online programs and tools to compress video files
Now, in this segment we will mention all those tools that are best valued by users online, to perform this type of procedure with your files without losing their high quality.
This online multimedia file compressor contains a greater number of tools that allows to reduce the size and an understanding of a very significant way. This is because contains a batch compression option, which is ideal for large files.
Compressify in this case is a reducer, which manages to maintain excellent quality. However, he himself is designed primarily to make it less burdensome for Google and that in this way everything is loaded more easily on your pages.
This type of format no configuration required which makes it more manageable by users who are not very knowledgeable about editions and reductions.
VideoSmaller allows you to compress the size of the multimedia document without losing its image with whatever format you download. This editor helps you to also reduce the size in MP4 format made with your mobile. One fact that you should know and that is of the utmost importance is that this tool is special to pass or transmit them through the different social networks such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, among other applications that you usually use daily.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉