The APN corresponds to the Access Point of any mobile phone, this will allow you to have access to 3G and 4G Internet from your mobile or improve the connection. This is a tool that includes all the Smartphone of all the operators and which is very important to be able to have it configured on your computer.
This tool is usually configured on its own at the time of enter SIM to device. But, on some occasions this does not happen and therefore we must configure the device’s APN Ourselves. As mentioned above, this will allow us to enjoy mobile Internet service quickly and safely.
The APN information must be correct for your device settings to Android, iPhone or Windows Phone can work correctly, keep in mind that these values vary depending on the operator and the country where you are. However, this process can be carried out quickly and safely through your own device. That is why we are going to teach you to be able configure your Claro APN with the following steps depending on your mobile device.
Steps to configure and add Claro APNs
In order to carry out this process on your mobile device, either Android, iPhone or Windows Phone You need to have a little basic knowledge to make this process much easier for you. The steps to follow for each of the devices are really easy and fast.
You have to keep in mind that this process applies to new equipment, especially those that are purchased outside the country of origin or when the SIM card is changed, where you will have to make this configuration to be able to start enjoying the mobile data of your equipment
If you want to know how set the APN of clear on your Android phone here we will teach you how to achieve it. The most normal thing in Android phones is that when you place your SIM card the device itself recognizes it and the configuration is carried out automatically.
But if this is not the case, then you must carry out this process yourself, for this you will only need to carry out the following steps:
- To start you must enter “Adjustment” in the menu of your Android device.
- Now you are going to enter the option “Wireless Connections and Networks”.
- There you go look for the option that says “Mobile networks”.
- Within this option we select “Access point names.”
- After pressing the option you will find all the APNs that are configured for your device.
- If what you want is to modify one of the existing APNs, you just have to press on it.
- To add a new APN you are going to click on the option “Add”. It is usually listed in the top menu of your Smartphone.
- If your equipment already has an APN from your operator, but it does not work correctly, you will only have to verify that all the values are correct, once finished you just have to “Save”.
- Now, if none appears on your computer, you just have to add one with the correct values and finally “You keep” the changes.
Once you have completed this process, finally you will activate the mobile data of your device, for this you follow these instructions:
- Login again to “Settings”.
- Now you enter “Connections”.
- Next to the section on “Use of data” and finally you activate the option “Mobile data”.
On iOS / iPhone
As in Android devices, on iOS this type of configuration is usually carried out automatically at the time of insert the SIM card. But, it does not always happen this way, so some users are forced to configure the APN themselves.
It is important to note that this It can only be configured if your telephone operator allows it, otherwise you will not be able to edit it. If you have this type of problem with your equipment iOS Here we will explain what are the steps you have to follow to carry out this process in the correct way.
If your operator allows you to make changes to this tool then you must follow the following steps to configure the APN of your iPhone.
- The first thing you are going to do is enter “Settings” on your device.
- Now you are going to enter the option “Mobile data”.
- Once inside this section you will select “Mobile data options”.
- And now you enter the “Mobile data network”.
- Now this menu appears, which you will fill in with the correct data for each of the options.
- This data will be saved automatically each time you return to the previous window. Correctly save the APN data so that you can enjoy your 3G and 4G connection.
Once you have configured all the data and saved it, you only have to confirm that this process has worked, for this you must activate the mobile services of the Smartphone.
- To verify this you must enter “Settings”And disconnect the “Wi-Fi network”.
- Once this is done, you will test that you can connect to the Internet through the 3G and 4G from your Claro operator.
- Now you must activate the messaging service. For this you are going to enter “Settings “ and then to “Messages”.
- Then you select “MMS messaging”And finally try send and receive an MMS.
On Windows Phone
In the event that you have a device Windows and is presenting you with problems to carry out 3G and 4G connection of your operator Claro, then it will be necessary that you review the APN settings since it is very likely that it was not configured automatically and you will have to edit it.
As in the devices Android and iPhone the most normal thing would be for your Windows computer to carry out this process automatically, but this is not always the case. That is why we will teach you how to carry this out correctly so that the operation of your internet works successfully. Keep in mind that all the data they must be correct so that there is a good operation in the device network.
To carry out this, you only have to follow the steps that we will explain below:
- To start you are going to enter “Setting” in your team menu.
- Now you are going to slide your finger down until you get the option to “All configurations”.
- Once you have entered this section you will select “Networks” and then “Telephone”> “SIM and Mobile Network Settings”
- Then you are going to slide the screen down again and press on “Add Internet APN”.
- Within the form you will have to enter all the corresponding data of APN of your Claro operator. Keep in mind that the configuration data of your operator may appear here, if so, you only have to review and edit it in case some are not correct.
- Once this is done, you just have to click on the option “Save”.
- Finally you are going to press the key “Behind” and you are going to search “Internet APN” You must check that the configuration you just created appears. Then you are going to press on it and you are going to select where it says “Apply”.
After you have completed all this series of steps, you will be able to start enjoying your Internet connections in 3G and 4G from your Windows device.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉