For no one is a secret that, Microsoft Word It is listed as the most recognized word processor worldwide. Well, because it is included in the office package of said company, it is hosted by default on many computers and thus many people use it every day.
In this sense, Word is a very complete program for easily create, edit and manage digital writing. Since, it has numerous options and tools that simplify these processes and allows to enrich them to the maximum, as well as to personalize them.
For this reason, this word processor provides the possibility of configure and modify the size, color and font style of the document; in order to make it look the way you want it. Next, we define what each of these elements is about and how you can handle them to your liking.
Font Size What is it and what is it for in Word?
Specifically the Word font size It is defined as the dimension, extension or proportion that is attributed to the words contained in any text. Thus, this size will determine the scale at which all the letters written in a Microsoft Word document can be displayed.
However, regarding its functionality, we highlight that the font size is used to better differentiate titles, subtitles, paragraphs and verbatim citations, especially; within a text. Also, this proportion of the letters makes it possible to highlight certain words of interest throughout the document, in order to give them greater importance during reading.
It is even a great help for provide accessibility to those who have a visual limitation, so that they can read it more easily. Therefore, beyond enriching and personalizing the writing, the font size also reveals a great advantage for adapt the reading, according to the requirements of each user.
Font Color in Word What is it and when should we use it?
Basically, it is the tool that lets you color text throughout a paragraph, within a cell, or in a text box. Taking into account that Microsoft Word contains an extensive color palette that you can use in its Standard mode or from its Custom mode to select the specific color you prefer.
In this way, this very useful tool in Word is used to highlight phrases or sentences during the editing process of any document, with the aim of giving them a higher priority during their reading. Therefore, it is ideal to use it for personalize your digital writing to the maximum and give certain words more impact as long as necessary.
Font style What are they and what are they for in Microsoft Word?
At the computer level, a font style refers to a particularity that exhibits a typographic font and manages to highlight it in a certain way. Therefore, in Microsoft Word, this element consists of a predefined combination of a font type that the user can select depending on your tastes or requirements regarding the text.
In this sense, when applying a font style, it is possible to optimize document layout and presentation. Considering that, fortunately, Word hosts a large number of options that you can choose and associate with the theme of your text, easily, in order to display a certain consistency and quality.
Now it is worth distinguishing which are the five most used fonts in Microsoft Word, by default, and then we mention each of them:
- Arial: Without a doubt, it is considered one of the most used fonts within a document of this word processor and thus, it is one of the most popular all over the world. Mainly, it is characterized by being very legible, elegant and modern.
- Verdana: This is another of the most used font styles in Word and is of the “sans serif” type. Which is optimized for use on computer screens, especially and it is usually easy to read in small font size.
- Calibri: This is the default font in Word and so on, is the first drywall typeface used in this word processor, by replacing the Times New Roman. Which is also very popular for email, instant messaging, and presentations.
- Times New Roman: It is one of the most basic in this environment and has influenced the development of various serif fonts both before and after the beginning of the digital age. Whereby, used to examine the quality of the digital typeface system.
- Georgia: This is an easy-to-read typeface in a small size and, like Verdana, was created for use on computer screens. Therefore, it is very popular in Word and is characterized by a casual appearance due to its wider and rounder shape.
Steps to set and adjust font size, color, and style in Microsoft Word
Once you know what each of these adjustable elements is about in Word, it’s time to know what are the processes that must be carried out to be able to modify and configure the size, color and font style within any document.
Next, we explain this step by step:
When changing the proportion of the letters contained in your Word document, you have the possibility of select said size from a range from 8 to 72 points. Now, in order to decide which size you want to apply, carry out the following procedure:
- First of all, access the Word document that you need to edit and / or customize to your liking.
- Then it’s time to select all the text to which you want to apply that size. Either making use of the mouse pointer and dragging it or via the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + E” (to select all the words in the document).
- Once this is done, go to the options bar of the main program window and directly from the “Start” tab, go to the drop-down arrow of the box corresponding to the size (that is, the one that shows a number).
- Finally, once you click on the desired size number, the text in question will be automatically modified.
It is important to note that, in general, the titles are placed in a magnitude between 14 and 22 points, while the normal text of the document is between 10 and 12 points.
For further customization of your writing, you can also change the color of the text easily. Here we indicate the procedure to be carried out in this case:
- Initially, enter the Word document that you need to edit this way.
- Then it’s time to select all the text for which you want to change the color. As in the previous case, you can do it with the mouse pointer and dragging it or also pressing “Ctrl + E” (to select all the words of the writing).
- After that, click on the “Home” tab directly from the program options bar and go to the Source group. There, in the icon that shows an underlined A with some color, click on the down arrow.
- Finally, you will observe a palette where all the colors of the theme are found along with the most common and, in addition to that, you have the possibility select the option “More colors” to apply a color from the Standard or Custom section and click on “OK”. You can even apply a gradient to your text from the corresponding option.
Finally, to adjust the typography of your digital writing in Word, the procedure to follow is similar to the one carried out for the two previous cases. Thus, we proceed to mention each and every step required to change the font style:
- The first thing you should do is enter Word document where you want to apply a different font.
- Then it’s time to select all the text in question. As in the previous case, you can do it by dragging the mouse cursor to the end point or also by pressing the following keyboard shortcut: “Ctrl + E” (to select all the words of the writing).
- After that, click on the “Home” tab in the program options box and go to the Source group, specifically. There, right next to the box to change the font size, is the drop-down menu corresponding to the gallery of available fonts. Thus, click on the down arrow.
- Once this drop-down menu opens, you can start browsing it to find the font style you prefer for your document and, just by clicking on it, all the text will proceed to be modified automatically.
- In case you already have defined which font style to use, skip the previous step and simply type the name of the font in the corresponding box so that it appears immediately. In that way pressing the Enter key, the style of all text will be changed.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉