Gmail is one of the most widely used email platforms globally, either because of its great compatibility with most devices or due to its great platform at the time of receiving and sending a file. This has a very easy to use interface and adapts easily to what you need.
Its mobile application is one of the most downloaded in most virtual stores. However, its installation sometimes generates confusion among its users. and this makes them not know how to configure it correctly to be able to use it fully.
If it happens to you that you opened a corporate or personal profile in Gmail and you don’t know how to configure it on your device, in this guide you will find how to do it regardless of the operating system you use, just follow the steps below.
Steps to configure the Gmail application on my mobile phone or tablet
The first thing you have to take into account is the server with which you are working or with which you want to work, what it is for and what advantages it can give you when you use it in your email.
POP3 or POP
It is a more updated version of the POP, this server allows you to create local copies of email messages by removing the originals from the system. In addition, with this server, the capacity you occupy in the inbox does not matter, since everything is stored locally. The downside is that if you open a message on a different device, mobile or tablet, when you enter the computer it will appear as if you had not read it
Unlike the previous one allows you to synchronize mail files that are on the server with several computers at the same time, keeping the originals there. It can be synchronized with several devices, since it offers you the advantage that when you open a file it appears as read on any other synchronized computer, which means that even if you change equipment or computers, the system remains the same as you configured it.
The bad thing about this service is that it does not delete your emails until you do, which makes it take up more space with mail that may already be junk.
This server meets the same requirements as IMAP The only difference between this server and the others is that it allows you to synchronize your contacts and the calendar, something that none of the others lets you do. Notably to be able to use Exchange you have to have a server that is compatible with the Exchange ActiveSync protocol.
Configure on Android
You have to keep in mind that in order to configure your email account either IMAP, Exchange, POP or POP3 you have to have the username (from mail), password, the type of server, the outgoing server (SMTP) and the SMTP port.
Some of this data can be provided to you automatically, but there are times when not, it all depends on the model of the equipment you are configuring.
- Go to the menu of your mobile device and search for the Gmail app, normally it is already pre-installed on the computer, if not, download it from Google Play Store.
- You are going to enter your app and you are going to go to “Configuration of your Gmail “, which are the three stripes that are located in the upper part of it.
- Look where it says “Setting” or “Settings”.
- In the window that opened, enter Add account> Other.
- Now you must access the email you want to add and press “Next”.
- You will see that he asks you the question of What type of account do you want? You have three (3) options:
- Choose the one that works for your server and click on “Next”.
- A window will open in which it will ask you to enter the email password.
- Now it will ask you the username and password (email data).
- In that same window that you are you will notice that it asks you to write the name of the server, As we mentioned previously, it may be able to give it to you automatically, but if you don’t you must enter it manually.
- Then comes a section that says “Port” in which you must enter the following depending on what you choose, if it was POP3 you must place 110 and it is IMAP 143.
- In the next space it asks you what type of security you want, select “SSL / TLS “ so that it admits all the certificates automatically, but if you don’t want, you can select that none and press “Next”.
- Now you are going to configure the outgoing server “SMTP “, in which you are going to enter the same name that you previously placed on your server, at the port you must enter 26 or 587, and in type of security the same that you had placed before.
- The information you are saving will begin to process, just wait a few seconds and you can start to enjoy mail configuration.
On iPhone iOS phones
The good thing about Gmail is that by the time you are already a member or are using their mail platformYou can configure it in such a way that it keeps you informed through notifications when you receive an email or when you make a deposit to your account from somewhere. In addition to its large storage capacity, either by Dropbox or by Google Driver, all this safely.
- Go to the “Setting” your device.
- In the menu that opens, find and enter the option Mail or Mail> Accounts> Add account.
- In the window that opened, you will see several email addresses, but you are going to enter “Other” and in the window that appears press the option “Add email account”.
- Now if you start filling in the information to activate the email address, you will see that it asks you to strain Name, Email, Password and Description.
- It should be noted that when you enter the email it can give you the description automatically, as it may not, that will depend on the version of iOS you have. When filling all the fields click “Next”.
- Now you must select if you want it “Set to IMAP or POP “.
- Some fields will already be filled, now you only have to add the remaining fields in the input server, in “Host name” enter the following 49.115.72 or mail. In the name of your domain place yours (internetpasoapaso.com), then just write the email and password.
- On the outgoing server at Host name you must enter your domain name (internetpasoapaso.com), this did work for you with the numbers). If you do not enter mail.
- In the name of your domain re-enter your email and password. When filling in the fields, just press “Next”.
- This will begin to verify the information you just entered, if it is correct you will see a check mark to the side.
- In the pop-up window that will appear, press “Details”, a tab must be opened, press Trust in order to finish the configuration.
- Now you will have two options Mail and Notes, activate the first one and press Save.
- Now just select the address you just added, there you will see a section that says “Accounts “, click. In that part you have the information that you just added, verify that everything is in order.
- Login to SMTP to finish configuring security, enter the first option which should be the Host name that you entered earlier.
- Activate the server option and verify the information, in Use SSL If you want, you can leave it like that or deactivate it. If you leave it, the services will be automatically downloaded, at the time of conclusion press Okay and click now where it says Bill.
- Now enter the option Advanced, check the data, if you disabled the option to use SSL previously deactivate it again, If you do not finish verifying the information and at the time of conclusion press Account> Ok.
- Thus you finished setting up your account and you can use it.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉