Undoubtedly Gmail has become one of the best email platforms today, and is that Google’s email server provides a large number of functions to each of its users in order to make each of its users much easier. your activities on the web.
This is how you will also have the possibility of use your Gmail with your own domain, what will allow you receive emails that arrive at your corporate email address, as well as send emails from that same address. All of this will make it much easier to manage your email from your hosting.
Therefore, here we are going to explain how you can start setting up your Gmail with your own domain in an easy and fast way, to do this, follow in detail each of the steps that we will indicate in the post.
What are the benefits of setting up my hosting email in Gmail?
Power configure your hosting address with your Gmail without a doubt it will bring you one lots of benefits, and this is because a E-mail address is the main key to practically all the services available on the Internet. Also, it should be mentioned that the email is one of mainstream media for what is a interaction between customer and supplier, among others.
In this way, it can be said that emails have become a very necessary part of human beings, this being the main reason why all or almost all people have one. That is why then we are going to teach the main benefits of configuring your hosting email with your Google email:
- It allows you send and receive email from domain accounts configured in your google server.
- Offers you a centralization of several email accounts, whether own Google or other servers or own domain. So you will have the possibility to have an email store that will last in time.
- It allows you save space in your Hosting since we will not store the emails in it.
- You can check each of received emails from any computer or mobile device. As well as sending and receiving each one of them.
- Has the mail classification system “User-friendly” which is widely used today.
Steps to set up your own domain account in Gmail fast and easy
Knowing what this procedure is about and which are each of the benefits it offers you, The following will explain what are the steps to follow to configure your own domain account in your Gmail, to do this, each of the steps that we will teach you next:
- The first thing will be to directly access your Gmail account. There you must select the icon “Setting” located at the top right of your screen. In the drop-down menu that appears on the screen, select the item from “Setting”.
- Now you must select the tab “Accounts and import” located at the top of your screen.
- The next thing will be to select the option of “Check mail from other accounts.”
- Here a new window will open where you must insert your account POP3 mail, once you have added it you must click on “Next step”.
- Now in the next window you must select the checkbox “Import emails from my other account (POP3)”. and click on “Next”.
- In the new window that appears on the screen, you must complete the fields that appear there to finish setup. In these cases you must enter password for account and POP3 server. It is important to mention that here you will find several boxes, in the case of “Leave a copy of the recovered messages on the server” you should not mark it, since the servers are shared.
- Another option will be “To retrieve emails, always use an SSL connection”, this is important that you mark it, and it will finally appear “Tag incoming messages”, You can check this box only in case you want to quickly differentiate your inbox with the messages coming from the Hosting.
- Once all the requested values you must select “Add Account”. This way you can finish the synchronization between your Hosting and your email.
Gmail vs Outlook What is the best platform to configure my hosting email?
It is not a secret to anyone that both Google’s server like Microsoft’s are currently the best email servers on the market. All this has led to competition between the two in recent years, where there are millions of users every day they register on both platforms and even a large percentage of them make use of both email servers.
It is important to note that when an email account is created it is essential to know what is the capacity and benefits of each of them, since this will depend on large percentage your experience in it. Please note that this is a empty folder which you will begin to fill with information through emails that will be arriving, so it is important that said folder has very good storage capacity.
In accordance with all this, here we are going to teach you some features of both platforms so that you can decide which of the two It is the best alternative to configure it with your hosting email.
To do this, follow the following comparative table in detail:
It has 15 GB of available memory, this storage limit is shared with cloud services such as Google Drive and with Google Photos. For new users, they have a storage limit of 5GB, it can be increased over time.
It is capable of searching for any combination of the following elements:
- FROM: Sender.
- To: Recipient.
- Attached file.
- Body of text.
- Message size.
In the case of the Microsoft server, its search system is simpler and the search options you have are the following:
- All your folders, drafts, outgoing, incoming, junk.
- FROM: Sender.
- All the dates.
- Search your contact list.
In Gmail it is based on labels and up to five tabs. In the case of Outlook it is based on folders, categories and subfolders.
It has two ways to verify and detect spam. You can activate the verification icon for sender emails through Google Labs. You also have two ways of verification, using the safe sender and suspicious spam icons, which will appear with the security bar in red or yellow on the side top of the message.
In the case of Gmail, this works with a chat included in its platform located in the lower left part of the inbox. It has the Skype service as instant messaging. This feature is at the top right of your inbox.
You can import contacts from a wide variety of providers such as:
- AOL, Yahoo and Outlook.
- Import CSV or VCard files.
- Import contact from Google + social network.
Import contact from:
- Outlook 2010. 2013 or 2016
- Windows Live Mail
- Yahoo! Mail
It appears as emails at the top of your inbox. In this case, it appears on the right side of the inbox, taking up a bit of screen space.
Google Drive Office Suite, where it includes:
It offers the following tools:
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉