The possibility it offers Discord of creating chat servers makes it an extremely versatile toolespecially when it comes to consoles. If you want to know how to connect Discord with your Xbox and PlayStation console, keep reading this step by step guide.
Discord gives you the opportunity to chat via text, voice and video, while playing your favorite games. Thus, you can meet up with your friends to organize online games completely free of charge.
You can not only find it in its desktop version and for mobile devices. In addition, you have the option to connect your account with your preferred console. If you want to learn how to do it correctly, keep reading.
Learn step by step how to connect Discord with your Xbox or PlayStation consoles from scratch
Discord It is a perfect combination of several applications in one place, to find the most efficient functions that make your games more dynamic. If you want learn the step by step of how to connect Discord with your Xbox or PlayStation consoles from scratch, here we leave you a practical instruction.
Go for it:
The process for connect Discord on Xbox One console it is quite a simple task. The application has a version compatible with the Xbox. All you have to do is link your account.
The steps to follow are:
- Login to the Xbox One menu.
- click in “Setting”.
- Select “Social media accounts”.
- Choose and link your Discord account with the Xbox One.
- The system generates a Security PIN, which you must enter in the App of Discord. The PIN will only be active for a limited time.
The flagship console of Sony, for his part, does not have a compatible official App with the PlayStation 4. There is currently no easy method to link these platforms. However, users of both have found a cost-effective solution to connect Discord with the PlayStation.
To carry it out, you will need some extra devices:
- Audio mixer. It is a device that is responsible for balancing and controlling game audio and voice. Some example models are: Astro Gaming MixAmp TXD and MixAmp Pro TR.
- USB Cable.
- Headphones with optical cable that support USB connection.
The objective is manage to move the audio coming from the console to the audio mixer. For the process to be effective, you must configure the system of the Playstation 4 and the preferences of Discord correctly.
The steps to follow are:
- Turn on your PlayStation 4.
- Connect one end of the optical cable on the console, and the other on the audio mixer. You must make sure configure the mixer in console mode.
- Go to the PS4 menu and access “Setting”.
- Choose the tab of “Sound and screen”. In this section you must configure the audio output.
- Then, switch main output to optical output. You must also choose the audio format.
- Came back to the menu “Setting” and enter “Devices”.
- Open the device audio. The headphone output should appear as “Audio chat”.
- Now you must associate the audio mixer with the computer. To do this, switch the MixAmp to PC mode. Then connect it via USB.
- Open the Discord App in the computer.
- In the app, change the voice input settings, so that the audio mixer can be detected. Select headphones that you use.
- To listen to the audios, you need to connect the 3.5mm cable from the mixer to the PC. This is how you get the sound to be redirected to the MixAmp.
- Finally, in “Output devices” leave it as “Predetermined” or select the computer speakers.
- Enjoy your games on the PlayStation 4 with your friends through Discord.
Discord and Steam are the two most popular platforms in the gaming world. For this reason, we are going to teach you how to link your Steam account to Discord to buy your favorite games.
The process is extremely easy, since both applications cooperate correctly:
Launch the Discord App
For start the Discord app, first open the application on your computer. Then click on the icon “User settings”. That option is located at the bottom left of the screen.
The display shows the settings menu. Here you can make any changes you think are convenient. It is also the section where you get the option to connect Steam with Discord. To do so, click on “Connections”. It’s the fourth option on the menu, and it’s located just below “Authorized Applications”.
Connect with Steam
A new sub-menu opens on the screen. Here you can connect your Discord account with any of the available platforms, such as Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, among others. You must click on the Steam icon. Then, Discord it will ask you to confirm your account. You must provide your email address and password. Finally, you will have managed to link both platforms.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉