If you are an iPhone or iPad user, you will surely have left your old laptop behind, since you can do everything on these devices. Considering that it is even possible show all the content of your iPhone or iPad on the screen of your home TV, since fortunately, Apple offers us several methods to connect these devices on the big screen of the home. This is why, if you are figuring out how to link both, you have reached the indicated post.
In this way, you can reflect or transmit the content of the small screen of Apple devices, on the big screen of the television. Which confirms great comfort and of course, accessibility to enjoy different programs, videos, photos, etc.. That on TV you can’t find
The best thing about all this is that these are easy procedures to carry out, in addition to useful for iPhone and iPad users. In this sense, we are going to explain different step by step methods to connect your mobile or tablet iPad to television very quickly and without the need for help from third parties. So do not miss the following tricks, if you want to get the most out of your Apple device.
Steps to connect an iPhone cell phone or smartphone or iPad tablet to the TV
Here are some of the most common and effective ways to connect an iPhone mobile phone or iPad tablet to the TV.
With Lightning Digital to AV connector adapter
It is considered the simplest way to carry out this connection, since A Lightning Digital to AV connector adapter is easily found at any nearby Apple store. Taking into account that its cost is not very high.
For its part, this little tool has an HDMI port that you can connect to a TV and added to it, it has a lightning outlet that gives you the alternative of charge your iPhone or iPad at the same time.
The process that you must carry out to link both devices is as follows:
- To get started, connect one end of the HDMI cable to the adapter and the end to spare, to an HDMI output from the television. These are usually located at the back of it.
- Then, Attach the adapter to the Lightning port of your mobile or Tablet. In case you want to charge the terminal at the same time, just plug the cable into the Lightning port on your Digital AV Adapter.
- To conclude, turn on the TV and set it at once to show video from HDMI. Which, very commonly is done through the remote control. Thus, you will see the main screen of your Apple device on the TV screen.
It is important to note that initially, the quality can be very bad when it is displayed on the main page. But after a while this will improve.
Through Apple TV
Refers to one of the best ways to share iPhone or iPad content, wirelessly, on TV. Which is made from AirPlay protocol It was created by Apple itself to allow an efficient exchange of video content, images or music with a television. It is important to note that AirPlay It requires that both the sender and the receiver are linked to the same WiFi network.
For its part, Apple TV is the quintessential device for displaying the content of an iPhone or iPad on a television screen. After its different updates, it integrates an own app store that allow you to enjoy streaming music services such as HBO, Netflix, etc. Therefore, it also allows the acquisition of native iOS games on the big screen in our living room no need to mirror screen. Everything as long as the interface has been adapted to this device.
In this sense, to use this method, you must connect Apple TV to your television with the help of an HDMI cable and then link the Apple TV to your wireless network. Then choose the appropriate settings of your TV so that the Apple TV menu screen is displayed there.
You must make sure that your mobile or Tablet are connected to the same WiFi network. Then follow these steps:
- Play a video by YouTube, Safari, Video app, etc.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the window, so that the “Control center”. In case you do this with a iPad with iOS 11, you have to continue swiping until recent applications appear and to the right, the control center.
- Then, click on the option “Screen Mirroring”(If you have iOS 11) and then press“Apple tv”. However, if you use iOS 10, select “Airplay” and then “Apple tv”; You may need to swipe left to enter the second page.
- Next, tap outside the “Control center” to exit and then touch “Play” to continue watching the video.
- Look for the “Airplay”In your applications. While it is true, some apps such as, TED Videos they have their own AirPlay icon. Well, while the video is playing, tap on that icon and choose Apple TV to start streaming.
Use the mirroring option
When you can’t stream a video from an app or web page on the TV, the best alternative is to use mirroring. This option consists of “mirroring” everything that happens on your mobile or tablet screen, on the TV screen you want. So it is considered as another excellent selection to connect to the TV, your Apple device.
Indeed, you will simply have to slide up to show the “Control center”, then select the option “AirPlay” and then where it says “Apple tv”.
Now, let’s see the steps you must take to watch videos and photos from your iPhone or iPad on your home TV:
- Enter the application “Photos”And press the“Share”. After that, choose the photos you want to observe touching each one of them until a blue circle appears along with a white arrow. In case of being videos, do the same.
- Then select “Airplay“In the pop-up menu that they show you and as mentioned at the beginning, click on”Apple tv”. In this way, the photos will be seen on your TV.
On the other hand, if it catches your attention play a photo slideshow, it is also possible. I mean, you can set your photos to automatically appear as a slideshow. The process for this is as follows:
- As in the previous section, you also have to enter the menu “Share”And then select the photos you want to see. The only difference is that in this situation, you must press the option “Slide presentation”.
- In this way, you can see a menu with multiple options. But you must choose again, the option “Apple tv”And then touch on “Transitions” so you can customize the look of your slideshow.
- If you want add music to the presentation, slide to the right hand and press the section “Music“, Which is where you can choose the songs you would like to play while the presentation progresses.
- Finally, click on “Slideshow” and thus begins playback on the indicated television.
With an Apple Composite AV Cable
If you have an older iPhone or iPad with a 30-pin connector, the best thing you can do is use the Apple Composite AV cable. You can easily find this one in Apple stores.
Similarly, this type of cable works similar to the Lightning Digital to AV Connector Adapter which was already mentioned. However, it presents a somewhat remarkable distinction and it is that you need to use the composite video input on your TV instead of the HDMI input.
Finally, when you use an Apple Composite AV cable make sure the videos you want to watch on TV are SD instead of HD.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉