Nowadays Playstation 4 has become one of the best video game consoles Thanks to each of its graphics updates and improvements, thus allowing each of its users to have a high resolution in each of the video games offered to the public. Now with the DualShock 4, has become one of the best controls on the market.
Thanks to this you can start enjoying your video games on the computer, This is how you can start configuring your remote with the windows in a very simple and fast way. It is important to mention that the PS4 console has some exclusive games which cannot be used on the PC, just like computers that also have their own exclusive games.
Nowadays there are more than 20,000 games on Steam, so it is very possible that if you have a PlayStation 4 console at home you want to take advantage of play on steam. That is why here we are going to show you how you can connect the PS4 controller to the computer to start enjoying these video games. For this, you just have to follow the steps that we will explain below.
Steps to connect and use your PlayStation 4 DualShock controller on your Windows 10 computer
It is important that you know that you can connect a PlayStation 4 gamepad to the computer in different ways, either through a USB cable, through specific software or via Bluetooth. In this way you will be able to start enjoying your video games through your monitor screen, which for many is something really good.
One thing that is great for all users is that it doesn’t matter how you decide to connect the PS4 controller, Windows 10 will automatically recognize itOnce it is connected, you will be issued a notice and its configuration will automatically be carried out.
Without further ado, here we are going to explain three different ways with which you will be able to connect the DualShock 4 controller to your Windows 10 computer.
Connect via cable
If you don’t have the Bluetooth option available to connect the controller to the PC, you can do it to through the wire, this is a really easy and fast procedure. The only thing you’re going to have to do is connect the USB cable with which you charge your DualShock 4 controller to the computer.
As already mentioned above, this will be recognized automatically and it will only be a matter of second for you to see that the device has already been configured. And if you click on the notice, you will be sent to a window of “Device configuration”.
Once this window appears, if the configuration was done correctly you should see a device called “Wireless Controller”.
Once this appears on the screen connection via USB cable is complete. However, now there are two news, one good and one bad, the good news is that both your controller and the PC are already connected, but the bad news is that W10 does not recognize DualShock 4 and therefore is performed is a default configuration. This means that the buttons on the remote will not be well mapped.
Connect by bluetooth
Other ways to connect both devices is through this wireless method, you can carry it out as long as you PC has a Bluetooth adapter. If this is the case, you will only have to follow the steps that we will explain below:
- The first thing you have to do is give double-click the wireless connection (Bluetooth) icon that will appear in the your computer screen.
- Once a window loads, you will select the option to “Bluetooth device”.
- Now on the PS4 controller you are going to press the central button “PlayStation” simultaneously together with the button “Compartir” This will have to be done for about 3 to 5 seconds while the light on the remote is flashing.
- After this the PC will recognize the device, you must click on “Match”. You may be asked for a password, if this happens you must enter the following number “0000”.
- Once this configuration has been carried out successfully, the control will be recognized as “Standard Wireless”.
The device will be recognized that way because, as in cable connection, Windows 10 will take it as a “default configuration” which will affect the buttons in the same way.
Using specific software
This is another option that we are going to have to be able to carry out this type of connection successfully. Also, you could say that it is the best way to make the pairing between both devices and thus begin to enjoy PlayStation 4 gamepads. However, this procedure is usually a bit longer and therefore your configuration will be larger, but it will cause the union of these teams is successful and so you do not have to experience problems that can affect your mood.
This is how you will have the opportunity to connect your controller DualShock 4 to your computer using the DS4Windows, considered as the best alternative for this task. It is considered as a third-party application, which you will be able to connect either through USB cable or Bluetooth if your PC allows it.
To be able to carry out this process in a correct, simple and fast way, you just have to follow the steps that we are going to explain below.
- The first thing you are going to do is download the latest version of DS4WindowsYou can get it at Ds4windows.com official site of the App.
- Then you have to extract the file either with 7Zip or WinRAR. Once this is done you will get two files, DS4 Update and DS4Windows.
- Now you just have to double click on the icon DS4Windows so that it begins “Run and install.” In a few seconds the following box will appear on the screen:
- Follow the instructions that will appear on the screen, the first thing you are going to do is install the “controller”.
- This installation is usually done quickly, keep in mind that it will be installed as a 360 controller, keeping in mind that Windows 10 is not compatible with the DualShock 4.
- After a few minutes the installation of both devices will be finished, this indicates that the remote control will be ready to be connected.
- For this, all you have to do is join the DualShock 4 with the PC either through USB cable or Bluetooth. Keep in mind that if you want to use it wirelessly, you must first configure it.
- Now you have to press the button “PlayStation” of your controller at least a few 3 to 5 seconds as the light begins to blink.
After doing all this, the connection will be finished, therefore, you can start to use DualShock 4 on your PC thanks to DS4Windows. Please note that the configuration of the controller will look like the Xbox360.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉