Currently most users tend to work from their computers handling this way different types of files and programs. This is where the inconvenience comes especially when we need convert one type of format to another either to open it or send it by email.
In the case of JPG images, on many occasions we need to convert them into Pdf format, either to upload it to a website where they only allow us that format or simply to send it to another person or attach it to a PDF document.
This process of convert an image to PDF It is very easy to do as long as you have the necessary tools for it. In this way, here we explain different methods so that you can carry out this from your computer Windows, Linux and Macas well as on the mobile device Android and iPhone.
Steps and methods to convert photos and images in .JPG or .JPEG format into .PDF files
On many occasions we have a JPG or JPEG image either in our computer or smartphone and we need to turn it into a PDF file for some special reason. This at first glance may seem a very complicated and difficult process to achieve, but the truth is that it is something very simple to do.
That is why here we are going to explain which method to use depending on the operating system of your PC or mobile. To do this, follow each of these methods that we will explain below:
Convert on Windows 10, 7 and 8
In the case of Windows computers be able to convert a jpg or jpeg image to PDF format It is very simple, there are different methods that we can carry out to do this.
That is why here we are going to explain the printing function method that you can do in Windows 7, 8 and 10 to start converting your jpg files to pdf every time you need it, to do this, follow these steps:
- The first will be find your JPG or JPEG image that you want to convert to PDF and open it with your Windows photo viewer.
- When it has been opened you will have to select the option “Print”.
- There you select in the printer option: “Adobe PDF” and finally click on “To print”.
- There you will be sent to image printing and then the explorer of Windows where you can save the image, but now in PDF format. You just have to select the location where you want to save it and click on “Save”.
Convert JPG to PDF on Linux
In the case of Linux computers There are two methods that we can do to be able to convert a JPG file to PDF. In this case we are going to present you the method of the commands that will be carried out through a program of Open Source called imagemagick or through a graphical interface where we will use gscan2pdf. In this case, you can use the one you consider simpler.
To do this, follow these steps:
From the command line
In the event that you decide to perform the Command line it will be necessary install the imagemagick command package. This package offers us a set of tools for Command line that will help us convert JPG images to PDF files, where you will also find a large number of options.
In this case we can use commands to convert all JPG or JPEG images at once to PDF or also a single specific image according to the case.
When entering the package we will find these three commands:
- Cd / home
- Convert * .jpg name.pdf
- Convert photo.jpg name .pdf
Command number one we can use it for convert all existing JPEG images to PDF. Generally, this is used in cases where we have to convert a large number of images to this format.
Command number two and three It is used to make only one image specific and which must match the name of the command.
In the case that you are not one of the people who get along very well with the commands and you prefer use another type of method then you can try the following way of convert a JPG image to a PDF file.
Using a graphical interface
Today there is a large number of graphical interface that will allow you to perform this type of action from the computer or mobile device. In this case we have decided to work with the program gscan2pdf, which is mainly characterized by its easy handling.
To do this, you must follow the steps that we will explain below:
- The first thing will be to enter gscan2pdf.
- The following will be search and insert the image or images What we want convert to PDF.
- When these images have been added to gscan2pdf, we can start to reorder them in order of priority at the time of conversion. For this we use the list that appears just to the left of your screen.
- When all are ordered we select the option of “Save” or “Save”.
- A new window will open where we find different options that we can choose from. However, in this case it is important to select only the output format that is PDF, and in the case of wanting to convert a group of images select the option of “All” so that they are all converted to the new format.
- Finally we click on “To accept”And after a few seconds the images will have been converted into PDF format.
Convert images to PDF for MAC
Images are one of the most used and important files for every user. However, on many occasions we have the need to convert JPG image to PDF format either because it needs to be uploaded to a web page or to print or email it in that format.
In the case of MAC computers we can make use of a tool called PDFelement, the same is one payment tool but that has a trial version. Therefore, here we explain how to carry this out through PDFelement with the following steps:
- The first will be download software from PDFelement to the MAC.
- When it is installed we open it and in the start window the button of “Create PDF” we click there.
- Now we can upload JPG image that we want to convert to PDF.
- You can also use the following path to upload the image in JPG: “File”> “Create”> “PDF from file”> “Select the image”> “Upload JPG file”.
- Now him JPG file will appear as an image, but in Pdf format. The software detect image as scanned and therefore it is necessary to edit it.
- To do this we click on “Perform OCR” and then in “Edit” here you can start edit your PDF file.
- Once finish editing the PDF, the next thing will be to click “Archive” and then in “Save as”. There you can change the name and save it.
This way you can start convert your JPG images to PDF from your MAC in a few simple steps.
Using an Online Converter
Another way we can use to start convert JPG or JPEG images to PDF format It is through a converted online. It is important to mention that there are currently a large number of them that we can get on the Internet and that they are completely free, that is why today we are going to present the online convert Ilovepdf, it is characterized by its conversion speed and its easy handling.
Therefore, here we explain how to convert an image to PDF with Ilovepdf:
- The first thing will be to enter iLovepdf from your browser of choice.
- There you will find a big red box where you will have to click to upload the image you want to convert. You can also load said image from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Once the image is uploaded, a new window will open where the uploaded image and the option to add more images If that’s the case.
- When you have loaded all the images you want to convert, the next thing will be to click in the lower right part of your screen on the option “Convert to PDF.”
- Then it will appear loading the image in its new format.
- By last, the image has been converted to PDF and you will see the option to download it to your computer. This way you can start convert your JPG images to PDF via an online converter.
Convert images to file to PDF on Android
It is very likely that at some point you will receive or have a JPG image on your mobile device and want to convert it into a Pdf format for a specific reason, either to upload it to a website or simply to send it to another person in that format.
In the case of Android mobile devices there are different applications that will help us to do this. In this way we present the app “PDF Converter: Documents to PDF”, it is not available in the Play Store.
To carry out this you will only have to follow these steps:
- To start it will be necessary to install PDF Converter: Documents to PDF in the terminal.
- Once installed on the Smartphone we open it and grant it the storage permits relevant to the app.
- The next thing will be to search and select JPG image we want to convert to PDF. There we will find other options to convert web pages, text, emails, contacts, among other.
- When the image has been selected we must click on the top bar to convert it to PDF. After a few seconds the image will have become a PDF file.
Convert a photo to PDF with iPhone or iPad
Power convert a JPG image to PDF From a iOS mobile device It is very simple, especially since we do not have to resort to any third-party app. Therefore, if you don’t like to be installing and taking up space on your Smartphone, then this is excellent news for you.
To be able to convert an image into PDF, you simply have to follow these steps:
- The first thing will be to enter the application “PHOTOS” and there look for the image that we want to convert.
- When we have found it we must click on the button “Share”
- Now, among the options menu that appears, we select the option of “To print”.
- The following screen will appear, there you must click on the image to appear below and select again the option “Share”.
- To finish, you will have to select the address where you want to store your PDF image, in this case you can select “Copy in iBooks ”, there you can access it as many times as you want from your Smartphone.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉